Revamping Arrests - Points based system

23 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

It will not end up with people dying more, cause nearly every shootout with police that ends in a death of the suspect is considered CK.

Indeed, we already CK /a lot/ players who suicide by cops or to other persons. The server behavior about this really improved tbh.

14 hours ago, Bloodseeker said:

I'm also not a fan of forcing players to abandon their characters

so what's your opinion on the CK system?

CKing is literally forcing someone to abandon their character, i don't see why an arrest system has suddenly pulled this opinion out of you

Just a thought.

Rather than introducing this system and slowly kill off all of the criminal activity on the server, might it be a better idea to have the points clear after a certain amount of time?

So if say you receive 4 points for discharging a firearm maybe rather than them sticking around forever, they clear after a month or two? 

I think this would still put pressure on people affiliated with criminal activity but still allow for felony's to happen without having to worry about getting CK'd. 

Like I said, just a thought, but I think it could be a better alternative.

5 minutes ago, Pingu03 said:

Just a thought.

Rather than introducing this system and slowly kill off all of the criminal activity on the server, might it be a better idea to have the points clear after a certain amount of time?

So if say you receive 4 points for discharging a firearm maybe rather than them sticking around forever, they clear after a month or two? 

I think this would still put pressure on people affiliated with criminal activity but still allow for felony's to happen without having to worry about getting CK'd. 

Like I said, just a thought, but I think it could be a better alternative.

+1 on this.

Having the points stack up permanently might discourage new players also. Newbie Joe and his first 2 adrenaline thrill evasions is gonna get stuck with his mistakes. And if the 1 hr+ arrest process doesn't run him off, the difficulty of the lawyer/court case system, point system, and everything else will. 

Meanwhile.. What this system meant to do was to stop people from stacking up felonies over and over again, and having the same character out on the street two weeks later doing the same thing. Guess what? These people don't care if they take a CK for it. They will be right back with another throwaway character to do the same thing. Rinse and repeat. All this does is hurt criminal rp in exchange for more convoluted court cases. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, joshua said:

so what's your opinion on the CK system?

CKing is literally forcing someone to abandon their character, i don't see why an arrest system has suddenly pulled this opinion out of you

because there are now ultimate consequences for reckless character development and committing 8239586 crimes every hour. i don't like radical actions but i don't mind them when they're necessary. without these rules, we're bound to have a more chaotic environment. there's no need for experimentation, for a live example is already there for all to see: <the server which shall not be named>

1 hour ago, Havana said:

+1 on this.

Having the points stack up permanently might discourage new players also. Newbie Joe and his first 2 adrenaline thrill evasions is gonna get stuck with his mistakes. And if the 1 hr+ arrest process doesn't run him off, the difficulty of the lawyer/court case system, point system, and everything else will. 

Meanwhile.. What this system meant to do was to stop people from stacking up felonies over and over again, and having the same character out on the street two weeks later doing the same thing. Guess what? These people don't care if they take a CK for it. They will be right back with another throwaway character to do the same thing. Rinse and repeat. All this does is hurt criminal rp in exchange for more convoluted court cases. 

This whole system relies on the assumption that the Courts are actually competent and/or realistic. Most likely it's headed by a bunch of law students at best or enthusiasts at worst... even then, the PD holds too much power. Cases are often thrown out and it's up to the cops to prove they're guilty, but in these servers often the cops have prosecutorial powers. If this is going to go ahead, we NEED them to clear. And get rid of the CK shit.

People IRL wait years on death row, decades even. If you insta-CK, there's no hope of appeals really. Maybe if the CK was just RPed as 'being on Death Row' and not actually having been insta-cuted.

This will not increase jail activity; if anything it'll decrease it as more people are going to shoot their way out of scenes as to not lose their character.

Long term jail RP is such a niche area that many don't enjoy, forcing this upon people will only result in them going inactive or them CKing and losing their character. This leaves criminal roleplayers unhappy and SD unhappy; the only people who win is the courts.

Criminal roleplay on the server has just started to flourish and I fear this will stomp it down again.

In my mind we'll just see a lot more alts created as a way around this. Need to kill a rival? Just make an alt who's 'been in the gang his whole life' and have him do the hit and take the 'criminal points'. If that's not the case, I still have at least 3/4 people I arrest complain in /b or log out entirely due to the length of the process already. Forcing someone who's just getting into roleplaying to partake in a mandatory 999 day prison sentence in addition to court cases, hiring a lawyer, forum RP, etc is overwhelming at best. If you /cellinfo any jailcell in TTCF the majority of inmates assigned to each cell CKed in jail. Realism is great but it can get to the point where the game isn't a game anymore and loses the fun aspect. 

It isn't law enforcement's job to develop people's characters for them in a realistic way. There is already a character integrity group within admin staff handling characters that don't make any sense.  We're policing ourselves out of a job if we continuously make things more impossible for budding criminal RPers. Everyone has made silly IC decisions when they were first starting out in text-based server and their characters don't need to be wrecked because of it. 

Ultimately the overwhelming critical response I've seen from replies to this post, LEO forums, and the gta:w discord as well basically covers it. The main supporters of this change have made fewer than 5 arrests if any at all or have no stake in the outcome at all outside of 'criminal bad'. 

• Upvote 3
23 minutes ago, r0yal said:

This will not increase jail activity; if anything it'll decrease it as more people are going to shoot their way out of scenes as to not lose their character.

Long term jail RP is such a niche area that many don't enjoy, forcing this upon people will only result in them going inactive or them CKing and losing their character. This leaves criminal roleplayers unhappy and SD unhappy; the only people who win is the courts.

Criminal roleplay on the server has just started to flourish and I fear this will stomp it down again.

Shooting your way out of a scene is a very easy way to get your character CKd.

Plus, it's not long term jail rp, you can go out on parole. And you're jumping to conclusions, most people do not have 10 felony arrests.