More diverse licenses.

Medak

Short description: More license types, just like in real life.

Detailed description: Nothing too hard to wrap your head around. Doesn't seem fair that one license covers trucks, bikes, cars. Have categories, make it more diverse. More realistic. I really don't believe this needs much detailing, as most of you ( if not all ) are already familiar with the concept. Have a different license for stronger bikes, different for vehicles, different for trucks, trucks with trailers even? Bus licenses?

Commands to add: None really.

Items to add: /

How would your suggestion improve the server? I'm aware some of you might be against it, but I just thinks it brings special something to the server. And not many have done it. This in my mind makes it more realistic and harder for a random 24/7 worker, or whatever (just an example), to switch to trucking in a second. 

Additional information: /

There aren't different licenses for cars and bikes (unless the bike exceeds a certain engine size). If you hold a full drivers license, you can drive any vehicle and most bikes. I wouldn't be against extra licenses for commercial and industrial vehicles, but road going vehicles, no. It's just tedious.

Edited by Marksman
12 minutes ago, Marksman said:

There aren't different licenses for cars and bikes (unless the bike exceeds a certain engine size). If you hold a full drivers license, you can drive any vehicle and most bikes. I wouldn't be against extra licenses for commercial and industrial vehicles, but road going vehicles, no. It's just tedious.

In my state and most of the US, you require a motorcycle license/permit to operate any 2 wheel vehicle other than a scooter (I think 50cc or under classifies a scooter?). 

I still agree that it is unneeded and tedious. I usually just roleplay that it's a motorcycle license if I get pulled over. 

More realism does not always equal more fun. 

Just now, icarusfeather said:

In my state and most of the US, you require a motorcycle license/permit to operate any 2 wheel vehicle other than a scooter (I think 50cc or under classifies a scooter?). 

I still agree that it is unneeded and tedious. I usually just roleplay that it's a motorcycle license if I get pulled over. 

But don't you think there should be a boundary where fun and role play departs, or comes together? If fun is ONLY thing what we aim for here, this would be a stunt/cops n robbers server then. This is my piece of mind, though. Don't take it to heart.

Just now, icarusfeather said:

But, like I said, if you own a full drivers license, you do not need this.

Just now, Medak said:

But don't you think there should be a boundary where fun and role play departs, or comes together? If fun is ONLY thing what we aim for here, this would be a stunt/cops n robbers server then. This is my piece of mind, though. Don't take it to heart.

What roleplay is there in driving around the city with a NPC making some remarks about parkour?

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

What roleplay is there in driving around the city with a NPC making some remarks about parkour?

What roleplay is there when every SINGLE person if elliglbe to be a trucker, bus driver, without proper training? Sure you can say now "but oooh that's up to character development, blah blah. People that don't RP that shouldn't RP at all, or be punished" Yeah, it's a standard answer for anything you don't like, and I get it. Most people use it. This actually makes the person who wants to become a trucker more devoted, not just joining a transport group to earn for a certain car, and then dipping out. I've seen many people like that. Plus who really is ready to go through the trouble of gaining the license will sure as hell RP every aspect of trucking/delivering, don't you think?

Also, some things should be server pushed, not just the standard "oh put it in your character development" or whatever.

Edited by Medak
On 6/1/2020 at 10:44 AM, Marksman said:

In my state, you need a motorcycle license. I may be mistaken, but upon googling, it appears california has a motorcycle license system as well. 

I support the addition of more licenses, but I'd rather they are a simple give you information and then quiz you kind of system. Driving around in a Blista is annoying. There should be a license for bikes, and then a license to drive the Mule or similar class vehicles, one for Benson and similar class vehicles, one for Pounder and similar, and one for the trailer type.

• mj2002 locked this topic