Staff Update - June 2020

GTAW-rectangle.png.46ee4164df3eb9064602f89c28d7ffb0.png

Hey everyone,

May has probably been one of the busiest months we have had on the server. The staff team has been hard at work doing everything they can to keep up with the demand the wave of new and returning players has brought. Everyone in the staff team has really stepped up to help keep the community running. I honestly can't thank them enough for all their hard work.

The increase in demand on the staff has brought some plans I had forward. An idea that I had around this time last year was to split the staff team up a little better. For as long as I've been here, the Support Team has been used primarily as a recruitment process for admins. As of this announcement, the Support Team and the Admin Team are formally being split up. We want to make the Support Team a dedicated part of the staff team with full time members. 

The current Support role has been simplified. Staff members at a Support level have a reduced level of access on the UCP compared to what they had before. Previously, Support could access admin records and view alternate accounts of players. This was so they could help admins directly, especially as part of sub-teams. With the reduced access, we hope to give more players a chance to join the staff team and  give them a chance to prove themselves within it. 

Support Team members will progress to be Senior Support rather than immediately being given admin. In addition to their previous tasks, Senior Support will also assist with forum moderation. They will also be considered to be reserve admins. The reserve admin system is something we will be trialing over the next month. Senior Support will temporarily be given an admin role in-game to help out when it gets busy. This will hopefully result in quicker response times to reports, as well as give members of the Support Team a chance to gain experience and show they are capable of progressing to the admin team. Senior Support members will be selected over the next few days.

To wrap things up, I'll be asking you all to join me in thanking the existing staff members for their hard work this month and congratulating those that are joining the team and getting promoted within it.

Keane

Admin Promotions

Game Administrator Level 1 to Game Administrator Level 2
@Bospy
@Cara

@Groz

Trial Administrator to Game Administrator Level 1

@Brox

@Cheeezy
@Moonsong

Support to Trial Administrator

@Chey
@Shanks
@Sharvit

New Support Team Members

@Bash
@HaveADream
@nateX
@perkydon
@Wirbelwind

Reserve Support Team Members
There are no applicants on the reserve list this month as we are rethinking the system.

If you applied for the staff team and your name is not on this list, you have unfortunately been denied. You may contact  @KV for feedback and the denial reason. Any denied applicants this month may not reapply until the staff applications open again in July for the staff update in August 2020.

• Upvote 10