What would be the best / eassiest recording program for RAGE MP?

RolexLV

Hello people.

So I wanted to record my gaming on GTA 5 World, do some Let's play episodes and record various situations in server. Problem is that I used Fraps (which is working on GTA V and GTA V online ) but it doesn't work on RAGE MP.

Could you please tell me some nice recording programs, so I could record my gameplay?

Thank you in advance,

I recommend OBS if you don't have an NVIDIA Graphics Card / can't use Shadowplay. As long as you have enough space on your disk you can keep it recording constantly during ur gameplay, then delete it if you don't need the footage (to free up your space).

OBS is far superior to Shadowplay in terms of video quality and customization. I rid myself of Geforce Experience long ago... only uses computer resources for useless purposes in my opinion.

I for one record 4K 60fps with CQP rate control offering me visually loseless quality while keeping the file sizes down as effectively you can without sacrificing quality. Not to mention you can choose whatever recording format you wish to record in.

I have no perception of how resource heavy Shadowplay is compared to OBS, but OBS is well known for being gentle and can be customized to fit a wide variety of systems.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:07 AM, HaveADream said:

If you have an NVIDIA card you can use Shadowplay, or ReLive if you use AMD. I use these because they're easy to capture cool moments / take long videos. These do need compression after you've made them, though!

What do you use to compress them? I always have my HDD full because of the size of the videos that I take with shadowplay.

6 minutes ago, val said:

What do you use to compress them? I always have my HDD full because of the size of the videos that I take with shadowplay.

I bought a simple 2TB western digital specifically for storing footage. If

you don’t have space, just get more space. Don’t have to bother with compression 

• 3 weeks later...