The problem of being new?

4 minutes ago, Luca Etienne said:

]...] but I may have to spend a year on a different server and come back..

not the best situation but eh, what can you do?

Well, doing exactly that. Getting experience in the "field" is a guaranteed way of improving yourself.

Find a place you can work on your English and your roleplaying skills where the standards are not held to the highest levels. This however does not mean you have to find the shittiest place to go to and try to slug your way through it. But working towards a goal, improving enough to give GTAW another shot, should serve as a good deal of motivation.

30 minutes ago, GHawkins said:

Well, doing exactly that. Getting experience in the "field" is a guaranteed way of improving yourself.

Find a place you can work on your English and your roleplaying skills where the standards are not held to the highest levels. This however does not mean you have to find the shittiest place to go to and try to slug your way through it. But working towards a goal, improving enough to give GTAW another shot, should serve as a good deal of motivation.

fair I'll probably stop for a while and continue RP elsewhere in a few months

37 minutes ago, Shekh said:

how did u even pass the application but claim u didnt know about /do's and /me's when playing??

There are so many mediums of role-play. If you come from forum RP, you're probably an incredibly gifted storyteller and can exhibit incredible character creation and understanding, but all of these commands never existed for you.

Don't assume GTA is the global epicenter for role-play or something. It decidedly is not.

Just now, Exploits said:

There are so many mediums of role-play. If you come from forum RP, you're probably an incredibly gifted storyteller and can exhibit incredible character creation and understanding, but all of these commands never existed for you.

Don't assume GTA is the global epicenter for role-play or something. It decidedly is not.

but the application for the server literally asks you in detail what the commands are and how you use them? Unless the dude got someone to do his app for him theres 0 way for him to not know what a /me is.

there were 0 questions asking about the commands the questions consisted of situational scenarios and writing rules in our own words

26 minutes ago, Shekh said:

but the application for the server literally asks you in detail what the commands are and how you use them? Unless the dude got someone to do his app for him theres 0 way for him to not know what a /me is.

I did my entire application myself, the only help I got was looking up what metagaming and powergaming were in the rules 

You are expected to know how to roleplay the moment you passed the application. If you lack basic roleplay knowledge and common sense then maybe you should take your time to learn before playing. There are plenty of others servers that are easier.

It's questionable how you struggle in game but you passed the application. I believe you've been helped with the entire application which only made it worse for you since you got in game with almost zero knowledge and well as you said you've got banned.

Very wholesome thread, let's try to set something up for people who are new to RP in general. Yes people are expected to know how to role play upon completing the application but this person is obviously communicating with us like a normal human being and it won't take long at all for them to learn how to role play to the standard of the server.

Edited by Captain
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1