Remove "One script per business rule"

Busch

Business Rules  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, StoneFire said:

A big trucking company would benefit from having it's own mechanics and garage to maintain it's fleet, that's one way of expanding without having to make it two companies, this is an expansion that makes a whole lot of sense, also they'd be limited to work on their own fleet and can not really be exploited to gain additional wealth.
Another could be expanding to do your own freight forwarding making you able to put manufactures in contact with customers making the unique item script an addition that also makes very much sense.
I got IRL experience with both so please don't say that wouldn't be realistic or necessarily separate companies.

Seeing how most companies on GTAW just switches hands multiple times a year I think this is a great incentive to encourage serious business owners to stick by their company.

Would costs be significantly reduced if a trucking company had its own garage? And could they work on other vehicles? 

I.e. mechanics are more broken than trucking for pay, this is exploitable.

There's 3 basic costs to a trucking company: fuel, insurance, and maintenance. If you take away 1/3 of those costs, that's exploited.

A unique item script is cool but why would a TRUCKING company be doing that? Work with other businesses to move their freight, like is being done in other companies. Be it alcohol or watches you're moving, don't try and hoard money making methods.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Chuck Lee said:

At the moment I can’t think of any, in fact I can think of more positive than negative outcomes.

Some of the issues I can come up with were already raised prior, sort of any, by AIR. Just to be aware, I'm not against this concept. I really enjoy legal roleplay and anything related to businesses. If I was in a position to expand, I'd be unhappy with an OOC limitation like this as well. However, I think proposals such as these should come with more consideration about what shape they would practically take, and what the possible downsides could be if it is to be implemented.

Some things that come to mind;

What are the standards by which a business becomes eligible for a second script?

1. Is this a time frame or a duration for which a business must have existed? A week (not rly ofc), a month, a year? Does the business have to be active during all that time? If so, what is considered active and how is this measured? Screenshots in a faction thread, online time, or something else perhaps?
  2. How many people/characters need to be part of this before it becomes eligible? I imagine this could be different for different types of business scripts.
  3. Is there a minimum amount of roleplay quality that is expected? Who decides what is good enough and is there a consensus of this?

What sort of considerations are you giving for property space limitations?

We all know that there are a limited number of properties available. Businesses aren't as badly limited as housing is, but especially for certain businesses that require a particular exterior form factor (you can't have a trucking company in a property shaped into a small restaurant, as an extreme example).

1. Does the type of required exterior form factor make a difference in what sort of businesses can have multiple of the same types of business scripts? I can imagine
  2. Isn't it a solution for many larger businesses to 'simply' move to a larger property where more activities can be operated from, instead of multiple properties with multiple business scripts? I'm sure there are instances where this is not possible, but I am also sure that in a not insignificant number of cases, this is a better solution.
  3. What sort of limitations are in place when it comes to the amount of properties that a business can have, under the proposal here? Two of the same type? Three? Unlimited but only per staff evaluation?

What about the balance between existing businesses and new businesses?

The current system severely limits growth of more established businesses. One of the results is a lower, relative to this proposal, barrier of entry for newcomers to the industry, or even to GTAW. This proposal, by default, increases this barrier in multiple ways.

1. Larger businesses usually have an advantage of scale and resources
  2. Larger businesses, under this proposal, occupy and control a finite resource, suitable properties

What can be done to avoid monopolistic tendencies that occur when you allow for further expansion of existing businesses? A monopoly can take shape in trade power, in influence on the characters/employee pool, and obviously in the limited availability of properties and locations.

Who is going to look after this? Is this all coming down onto LFM and PM teams?

A suggestion like this is very likely supported by the argument that excesses can be curtailed by staff review of applications for new scripts. In essence, you are asking more leeway, but also put more work on the existing team of staff. How can you avoid this from slowing applications and general issue processing time down further?

A serious review of a business environment is a lot of work, and cannot be easily be measured as a limitation of '1 script per type max', as the current situation is. Who is going to do this? If this is to be the staff team, how can we make this easier for them?

Overall, I'd encourage those who support this proposal, to come up with a more detailed proposal on what sort of standards should be taken into account when judging these sorts of requests for additional business script 'slots', so to speak. Not only the standards, but also proposed mitigation of negative consequences. I named a few, but there could be other consequences out there that have yet to be revealed.

Just now, Tree said:

Would costs be significantly reduced if a trucking company had its own garage? And could they work on other vehicles? 

I.e. mechanics are more broken than trucking for pay, this is exploitable.

There's 3 basic costs to a trucking company: fuel, insurance, and maintenance. If you take away 1/3 of those costs, that's exploited.

A unique item script is cool but why would a TRUCKING company be doing that? Work with other businesses to move their freight, like is being done in other companies. Be it alcohol or watches you're moving, don't try and hoard money making methods.

I know for a fact they wouldn't be allowed to work on other than their own fleet, so they are putting their own money into that script, they have to pay the mechanic and the component still so how is this exactly exploitable?

Also where is the 4 basic cost that is salary? Currently salary is 90-96% of all the income leaving fuel, insurance and maintenance to be covered by a merely 10-4%, and if you actually try and have an administrative staff their salary is included in that pathetic 10-4%.

A trucking company would freight forward like bigger stock of something like construction material of different sorts, grain, salt you name it, that could assist others roleplay what is agreed upon with PM and not currently supplied by another business in SA.
I have roleplayed delivering floor tiles and board before because a customer requested it but we had where to buy it.

4 minutes ago, StoneFire said:

I know for a fact they wouldn't be allowed to work on other than their own fleet, so they are putting their own money into that script, they have to pay the mechanic and the component still so how is this exactly exploitable?

Also where is the 4 basic cost that is salary? Currently salary is 90-96% of all the income leaving fuel, insurance and maintenance to be covered by a merely 10-4%, and if you actually try and have an administrative staff their salary is included in that pathetic 10-4%.

A trucking company would freight forward like bigger stock of something like construction material of different sorts, grain, salt you name it, that could assist others roleplay what is agreed upon with PM and not currently supplied by another business in SA.
I have roleplayed delivering floor tiles and board before because a customer requested it but we had where to buy it.

If they are not having to pay a garage to do their work then they are saving a massive proportion of the cost. Trucking companies make enough money as it is. 

Apex Logistics, as through my experience, does full RP deliveries and also deliveries not linked to the trucking script, but just moving items. Another script is not needed for this at all.

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

If they are not having to pay a garage to do their work then they are saving a massive proportion of the cost. Trucking companies make enough money as it is. 

Apex Logistics, as through my experience, does full RP deliveries and also deliveries not linked to the trucking script, but just moving items. Another script is not needed for this at all.

Okay, but it's not free to maintain the fleet even if they have their own script for it as I just stated.

But how would a trucking company move items that is not available? Please tell me where I can get timber to deliver for some construction company's RP?
Or where we should have found a home charging station for electric car, because that's another situation I've been in.
I'm not talking importing things already sold by other, which I also stated. 

All your arguments is regarding the fact you don't like the idea that companies get a chance to make more money when In reality we don't quite care about the money but rather the roleplaying on a rp server, we put effort into developing companies and franchises and is just met with wall that you can't scale because of rules that don't necessarily carry much in regards to realism but acts prevention people that just do it for the script money.

5 minutes ago, StoneFire said:

Okay, but it's not free to maintain the fleet even if they have their own script for it as I just stated.

But how would a trucking company move items that is not available? Please tell me where I can get timber to deliver for some construction company's RP?
Or where we should have found a home charging station for electric car, because that's another situation I've been in.
I'm not talking importing things already sold by other, which I also stated. 

All your arguments is regarding the fact you don't like the idea that companies get a chance to make more money when In reality we don't quite care about the money but rather the roleplaying on a rp server, we put effort into developing companies and franchises and is just met with wall that you can't scale because of rules that don't necessarily carry much in regards to realism but acts prevention people that just do it for the script money.

If you care on roleplaying then why do you need the script behind it or another business? Just RP it.

Just now, Tree said:

If you care on roleplaying then why do you need the script behind it or another business? Just RP it.

Why you even buy script things to begin with, pfft why even have things at all, why not just have a purely text bases GTAW discord RP server, we don't need visuals for added immersion.
?

6 minutes ago, StoneFire said:

Why you even buy script things to begin with, pfft why even have things at all, why not just have a purely text bases GTAW discord RP server, we don't need visuals for added immersion.
?

Not the point. 

It shouldn't be trucking companies to begin making all these items. There's walls here for good reason.

50 minutes ago, Tree said:

Not the point. 

It shouldn't be trucking companies to begin making all these items. There's walls here for good reason.

But since no where near every link in the logistics chain is present on this server a trucking company would be the nearest instance able to provide you with imports, if the harbor guys is not currently active that is, otherwise they would be.

• mj2002 locked this topic