Pause menu ruins character creation

Pouilleux

Humm hello, first of all I'd like to appologise if this doesn't belong here, from what I understood it does but I'm new I might be wrong. I searched the forums for a similar problem but didn't find any.

So basically I just created my very first character on the server. When I first got in I tried to go in pause menu so that my cursor could leave the gta window to close the other game I was playing while rage mp was installing. What I didn't realise is that the character creation screen was supposed to happen at this precise moment. So the character creation menu ended up on top of the pause menu, making it impossible to see my character while making him. I tried numerous times to close pause menu, but it was impossible. In the end, my character looks like Deadpool without his mask but black... Kinda not what I wanted... Is there a way to recreate your character? Should I delete him and create a new one, is that possible? I know that there's plastic surgery but I'm pretty sure you have to pay for it, if it's the case I doubt it's an otpion for a character that was just created. I really don't know what to do, I'd like to just delete him and recreate him but I doubt I would be allowed to name him the same twice... Can anyone help me please? What should I do?

Hey.

Plastic surgery is a very cheap option for your character, from memory it costs $300. Here you can completely remake the character, you'll be lead to the location of a plastic surgeon during tutorial but you can figure out where it is by the little man on the map - one being in Pillbox Hill and the other in Vespucci. It's honestly an insignificant amount as you get $5000 for the first 40 hours to help you set up your character.

Alternatively, you can just delete the character on ucp.gta.world and start again on your next login, hope this helps.

Had the same problem and found out an option to avoid it from happening again : Once in game just access your pause menu, graphics settings (not advandced ones) and uncheck the automatic pause when leaving gta's window right below V-Sync. So now you can alt+tab or simply reduce it as much as you want without having to restart the game everytime because it basically blocked it.

• 4 weeks later...