Chopped Car Spawns [G]

Short description: Stop cars spawning where they are chopped

Detailed description: There is no reason for why a car should spawn at the garage it has been chopped. This only promotes metagaming from which players have gone on to say "you guys chopped my car, it's here when it shouldn't be". The amount of times that I've had people say that exact sentence to me or my workers is getting beyond ridiculous when it's clearly been metagamed as they're relying on a yellow blip after they've spawned the car. Not only that but if the car is chopped it would not be seen outside a garage in a fully working condition.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Stops people metagaming, brings realism.

Additional information: 

• Upvote 5

Absolutely. This is an essential change that has to happen, as far too many people have tracked vehicles to garages and caused issues over chopped cars. Simply promotes meta gaming for no reason, and a much better idea is to have the vehicles respawn at the last owner chosen despawn point.

Supporting.

Behind this all the way. Seen garages reputations ruined by this even when it’s pointed out ooc that they wouldn’t know, when the person has been driving around after telling how such a garage chops cars to 100+ people, it can’t be taken back by a quick /b oh ok never mind 

100% agree. Maybe add a script that spawns the chopped car anywhere around the map? (or that has a bunch of pre-selected areas to spawn the car, to avoid it spawning in the water, mountain or so).

I would maybe even suggest not to show the blip when spawning it the 1st or 2 firsts times after the car has been chopped. This way you could enhance roleplay to search the car, and have to worry even more instead of "meh it's here, insurance repaired it, it's like nothing happened". It would enhance the /reportstolen script even more imo.

Edited by Oscar Martinez
  • MomoIsHere changed the title to Chopped Car Spawns [G]
  • mj2002 locked this topic