Gang scene on the sever?

In all honesty it depends where you go. Chamberlain is typically an area for more aggressive DM’ey gangs (no offense to any gangs in chamberlain). Vespucci is a good area to roleplay in, and I’ve had nothing but positive encounters with Culver City, the peckerwoods, and the 26th province gang. East LS also houses a lot of potential but not many gangs. I’m thinking about starting something over there but honestly I have no idea how I would start it out. 

I must say that communities are the best way for illegal rp to strive, one of the main reasons Little Seoul is fun is because of MS and K-Town striving for that community vibe. Being able to walk outside and interact with other Latinos or Koreans in Little Seoul, even if they aren’t in each other’s factions adds so much more depth to the rp, for an example with MS’s recent hood day a Korean unexpectedly showed up and was invited to bring his people to the hood day and while at heart it was still the hod day, it was also a community gathering for both Latinos and Koreans in the neighborhood.

If factions strived for a strong community vibe, I have no doubt in my mind that it’d be more immersive for both the faction and residents in the area that a faction is actively rping in. There’s a lot of good factions out there, from legal to illegal but as for the “standards”? That’s not going to be complete, and comparing it to LSRP is trying to compare an action movie to a family movie. 

What I mean by non complete is, you’re always going to have new players coming here and their rp standards might not be up to the server’s standards which is why instead of bashing them like another community which I wont name, we can help them settle in and help them improve their rp standards as a whole, that way it’s a win-win and everyone goes home happy.

Edited by bidi bidi bom bom
Grammar fixes.
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Henning said:

The southside is a mess. They're so much OOC cross over between factions that no real gang politics can take place. Your either in the circles that are friends OOCly or your faction has slim to no chance of succeeding. It's sad that some of the largest and most powerful factions on the server are interconnected OOCly. Funny, some of the Factions who boast about their factions success the most are in reality feeding off OOC deals through discord and I'm not just talking about the gangs on this server, I'm talking about the organized crime factions as well.

The system is rotten and needs to be fixed, Sadly the only fix I see is to archive all the factions who are partaking in it. Sadly that won't happen because it would result in most of the prominent factions being removed.

Facts, I've seen 3 day old factions getting supplied before a topic is even up. We could have easily gone on that route but how is that enjoyable RP, people play to win so much that they forget what they play this game for. People also try to instigate beef with new factions because they know they're unarmed or lack manpower just to get a couple of clips to make a montage for youtube. Gangs should focus on community RP, most OGs, or prominent gang members don't even gang bang in 2020- gangs are transitioning into black empowerment groups, groups that build back communities, I'm not saying you should do that but at least do something other than shooting shit up or trying to mug everyone, in turn, people like this who're new to the server would have a better chance of interacting with your factions.

Edited by Jola
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Henning said:

The southside is a mess. They're so much OOC cross over between factions that no real gang politics can take place. Your either in the circles that are friends OOCly or your faction has slim to no chance of succeeding. It's sad that some of the largest and most powerful factions on the server are interconnected OOCly. Funny, some of the Factions who boast about their factions success the most are in reality feeding off OOC deals through discord and I'm not just talking about the gangs on this server, I'm talking about the organized crime factions as well.

The system is rotten and needs to be fixed, Sadly the only fix I see is to archive all the factions who are partaking in it. Sadly that won't happen because it would result in most of the prominent factions being removed.

Hella facts, I've seen that so far as well. I'm not focused on gtaw at the moment, I'll wait it out once shit gets better, modern warfare is taking most of my time and it's a game you can't get bored after playing an hour or so on it.  The server is brand new still like 3 years old, right?  Roleplay servers take time to develop that's what happens with LSRP it took time, but then after DamainC left, the server went to shit.

Edited by Gloccs

I'll lock this as unfortunately it seems many of the people complaining are known ban evaders, punished players for poor roleplay or OOC trades themselves, and yet they come here to push up their agenda.

It's very funny that we can read all these complains but I've yet to hear anything on FM side or witness a lack of player reports from the areas mentioned here. The only complaints I receive about OOC trades are from a ban evader who reports these, but complainers here are not even bothering. There is a problem no? The staff isn't supposed to do everything for you and deliver it to you with a golden spoon, you're part of this community too. Report things in formal faction reports in our forum PMs and stop complaining in random places.

• Upvote 1