Insurance rate raised for bad driving

Pillsbury

Short description: Insurance rates raised, depending on the amount of traffic citations you are issued.

Detailed description:  So, earlier in the week a discussion was placed up about some driving within the server, and how it was considered Non-RP. Though, this suggestion is not that topic directly, I feel it could be a way to help combat the problem. Currently our insurance rates are fair for the most part when it comes to the server and the vehicles you own. If you own an expensive vehicle, your going to have to pay a high insurance rate, just like how it is in real life. I was thinking however, to combat the main overall issue, would be to raise someones insurance rate as they do in real life. If you get so many citations for poor driving, your insurance rate is bound to raise, with some insurance companies, even one citation for speeding can boost your policy. I can see the displeasure of where this would come in-game, however, as I see it, once you start 'messing' with people money, they begin to learn from the actions that they have done. A Citation for Speeding at most is 7500, with a impound and a license suspension for three days.. Now imagine getting your third citation for speeding, and your insurance rate also going up, let's say.. 5%? or even 10-15%, and as-well, that's on every vehicle they own, because it goes against a policy (which we would all realistically have) - There can also be a 'good driver' awards program, where you can maybe even have less insurance for being a good driver, and while drivers who have a bad traffic record, can earn a good drivers record, but not getting a citation for x amount of days. 

Commands to add:  A command for PD/SD to use when issuing a third driving citation/the amount needed, to go ahead and raise that players limit? Or even a command for admins to use.

Items to add:  N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Well overall, I believe we have a bit of a problem when it comes to Non-RP Driving in the game, and not all the people are 'bad people' within the community that are here just to troll, but generally, I believe if we have more of an IC Consequence, on top of the citations we issue, it could be more of an impact and cut down and bad driving.

Additional information: N/A - Feel free to discuss!

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1
13 minutes ago, Chiky said:

A "point" system would be neat, which would then influence the insurance rate.

This.

In Dubai they have a point system aka "blackpoints". If the driver receives a total of 24 points, they can face their license being revoked and bans from driving any kind of vehicle for a year.

I don't see a reason to not implement this. There is a problem with driving and I think many of us on the server have seen it. This just increases responsibility/cost for your actions as they would have in real life.

I am very fond of this suggestion. This encourages other driver's to engage in a traffic accident encounter with one another and have Law Enforcement involved to complete a traffic investigation and determine the at-fault driver and make sure he suffers, legally.

1ufap1.jpg

• mj2002 locked this topic