[LSNN] Armed with nothing but a camera, I ventured the streets of South Los Santos

v75DBaZ.png

Armed with nothing but a camera, I ventured the streets of South Los Santos.

Oh, South Central how you have a special place in my heart and memory.

7gHljC9.jpg

I've been mugged in South Los Santos.. twice, at the time of writing this article. To be perfectly honest, I would not be surprised if that number increases throughout my time here. When I told my mother that I was going to venture around the neighborhoods of South LS between 4 and 6 am, her eyes burnt a hole in me, but that's just what I did. I'm tired of all the same old crime stories coming out of these neighborhoods. Yes, crime is rife, yes it's scary and yes it's not the place you want to be when it's dark. But there is something fabled about these violent, crime-ridden neighborhoods. South LS in many respects feels like a different country. 

Ke3TsKH.jpg

I feel like a tourist about to embark on a daredevil expedition whenever I start to see the crumbling footpaths and cumbersome potholes. I dare anyone to take a bus ride from Richman right through to Rancho and you would see the scenery transform in front of you. For some reason with all the South’s limitations, it is the yin to the north’s yang. The two geographical titans may fight upon occasion but ultimately can only exist because of the stark duality between the two.

LzEr8Q7.jpg

Many forget, however, that people do live in these troublesome areas and for the most part lead productive and happy existences. One of the biggest obstacles in trying to remedy these suburbs is that no-one wants to talk about it. For lawmakers and enforces, South LS remains on the periphery, it is seen in the most superficial sense. How can we solve these issues if we don't want to talk honestly about it? I don’t mean to critique law enforcement or government, but nothing is really changing. Maybe, just maybe if we could understand the area in new ways, we could crack the code to help people in the South of the City.

MtLAxDg.jpg

I want to break down the barriers that we see about South Los Santos, I believe it is the only way forward.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

vcp63u9.png

gpPvCig.png

Edited by SkrizzBizz
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic