Disabling faction's / businesses radio when off duty

Darius

Short description: After going off duty within a faction or business, the radio will immediately turn off.

Detailed description: I've been thinking about that for a while, and I've noticed that a lot of factions and businesses are constantly telling it's people to NOT use the radio while off duty, unless they actually have one with them RP'ly. I'm suggesting so script a new system which will immediately disable the radio when going off duty, as it could simply feel more realistic.

Commands to add: None, the radio will turn off by itself.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? As I've told above, I truly think it could contribute to the realistic feeling, and even prevent any NON-RP while being off duty and not carrying an actual radio.

Additional information: None.

I actually don't know if it's possible to script it but I hope so, and hopefully this suggest can get forwarded.

/toggleradio is a command that allows you to turn your radio off if you're not on duty. I don't see a need for it to turn off automatically especially for people that are required to carry their radio off duty (PD command, SWAT, FD command, USAR, etc).

2 minutes ago, RoamPT said:

We already have /togr which will disable it. It's just a matter of people getting used to doing that when they go off duty. But doing so automatically isn't a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, Westen said:

/toggleradio is a command that allows you to turn your radio off if you're not on duty. I don't see a need for it to turn off automatically especially for people that are required to carry their radio off duty (PD command, SWAT, FD command, USAR, etc).

Oh well, it's nice to see that there's an actual command for that. However as I've mentioned, disabling it automatically could be really nice to players who shouldn't carry their radio while off duty.

Guys please read the suggestion before saying "tog radio is already a thing!!!1!"... I think it is a great suggestion for legal RPers that own/manage a business. I had a management job at the old Glass Heroes, where our mechanics (no offence) used the radios constantly, even off-duty. I would even suggest a more elaborate radio system, with hosting one as a person and giving out permissions to people that are connected to the radio.

Forgot to add, yes, full support +1!

Edited by HappyToker
  • mj2002 locked this topic