Aircraft - pilot crash handling

Two issues:

1) If you're a pilot and you crash, the vehicle will plummet towards the ground and blow up. Can we implement a scripted solution so that if an aircraft in mid-air is unoccupied that it is despawned? 

2) Is there a way to change the spawn location of pilots logging back in after a crash so that they're at ground level, rather than falling to their death?

Edited by Glen
  • Upvote 1

This will definitely be forwarded. However, I'd like to leave #2 open for discussion. It may not be possible nor practical to spawn then ground level where they crashed. Probably makes more sense to spawn then in their default spawn, e.g faction spawn or a property.

As for right now, I'm going to tell you what I already have told you and recommend you keep the flights to only emergency responses and not general patrols unless you've got an admin on willing to keep fixing the issue.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the script is already planned for choosing respawn locations, we just need to make sure the PD is one of them.

Edited by Wisci
46 minutes ago, Wisci said:

As for right now, I'm going to tell you what I already have told you and recommend you keep the flights to only emergency responses and not general patrols unless you've got an admin on willing to keep fixing the issue.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the script is already planned for choosing respawn locations, we just need to make sure the PD is one of them.

This bug report is a stab at trying to get a (fairly simple) scripted system implemented to combat the issues we're facing when people crash in an aircraft. The above two suggestions will completely remove administrator intervention from the equation.

We're not actively flying - this is an attempt to get a proper system in place so we can get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.

Edited by Glen
7 minutes ago, Glen said:

This bug report is a stab at trying to get a (fairly simple) scripted system implemented to combat the issues we're facing when people crash in an aircraft. The above two suggestions will completely remove administrator intervention from the equation.

We're not actively flying - this is an attempt to get a proper system in place so we can get the ball rolling.

I don't want you to feel like my post was with bad intentions. I was going to forward this as a suggestion myself but I was waiting to get to a computer to do it. This is less of a bug, more of a client issue, and the fixes are suggestions, so I'm going to relocate this thread appropriately for discussion.

Crashing in the air with planes was an issue in the past on other servers as well.

Edited by Wisci

Surely it's not going to be hard to freeze a helicopter/plane that is in the air and then after a minute have it respawn, right?

Maybe there could be a way so that helicopters/planes don't suffer damage when they're unoccupied like in SAMP?

As for the second suggestion that would be pretty tricky because then the server is going to need to know you were flying so perhaps if you crash in the air say X meters from the ground (X being whatever the devs decide) that you re-spawn at your faction spawn (which by the way we're going to need) or you could just be re-spawned on the ground.

2 hours ago, WhiteShadow said:

Surely it's not going to be hard to freeze a helicopter/plane that is in the air and then after a minute have it respawn, right?

Maybe there could be a way so that helicopters/planes don't suffer damage when they're unoccupied like in SAMP?

As for the second suggestion that would be pretty tricky because then the server is going to need to know you were flying so perhaps if you crash in the air say X meters from the ground (X being whatever the devs decide) that you re-spawn at your faction spawn (which by the way we're going to need) or you could just be re-spawned on the ground.

Yeah but the game doesn't place you back into the aircraft automatically, as nice as that would be. I wouldn't want them to exactly fall to the ground either, because you can't trust players to not run off with them, and planes will get stuck in spots they can't take off.

I believe the idea with the respawn mechanic is that all players, every time they rejoined, would have the option to respawn elsewhere on the chance of them losing their rental vehicles. I'm not positive on those details though.

8 minutes ago, Wisci said:

Yeah but the game doesn't place you back into the aircraft automatically, as nice as that would be. I wouldn't want them to exactly fall to the ground either, because you can't trust players to not run off with them, and planes will get stuck in spots they can't take off.

I believe the idea with the respawn mechanic is that all players, every time they rejoined, would have the option to respawn elsewhere on the chance of them losing their rental vehicles. I'm not positive on those details though.

You misunderstood me, I don't expect players to be put back in. I was saying the heli should be frozen and then respawned so that when it's respawned it won't bounce around or anything.

• 2 weeks later...