I just wanna know how people see Los Santos.

alina2137

@Cheeezy wrote this in a concluded report, so there's at least one admin on how things should be role played.

"After reviewing all posts by both parties I am going to say this now. Yes, the beach may have not been packed with people but in all honesty, it is a beach. You need to treat it as an active spot during the daytime and not some hidden alleyway in which you could rob someone. If it was night time, sure have at it. But this is a location that would otherwise be very occupied on any given day. Therefore it needs to be treated as this and I have told many people the same thing. As for the robbery, it seems everything went smooth and the items that were robbed were taken without issues."

Reference here: https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/topic/26042-sean-hawks-2/&page=2

I think there should be an official clarification on this, 100%.

Edited by Chief
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
On 5/31/2020 at 3:56 AM, Chief said:

@Cheeezy wrote this in a concluded report, so there's at least one admin on how things should be role played.

"After reviewing all posts by both parties I am going to say this now. Yes, the beach may have not been packed with people but in all honesty, it is a beach. You need to treat it as an active spot during the daytime and not some hidden alleyway in which you could rob someone. If it was night time, sure have at it. But this is a location that would otherwise be very occupied on any given day. Therefore it needs to be treated as this and I have told many people the same thing. As for the robbery, it seems everything went smooth and the items that were robbed were taken without issues."

Reference here: https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/topic/26042-sean-hawks-2/&page=2

I think there should be an official clarification on this, 100%.

And in probably my only reply here, I'd like to say this.

Dear GTA World Staff team,

Please take your time to make this an official statement and provide a basic rulebook on robberies. Not just that they should be realistic and with a maximum of five thousand dollars - we know that - but one that specifies where the line is crossed. It is not a problem that we lose items - phones, money, occasional jewelry or something more expensive. It takes a few hours of work to get back on your feet, that's not the issue here. The big issue is where they happen and how these robberies look. A mugging should be quick, especially when it happens in the middle of what would be (as clarified in Cheeezy's reply to the report in the quote above) a civilized area with a lot of people. It usually goes smoothly, with someone flashing a gun or any other object to threaten an individual and therefore force them into giving away their wallet and occasionally their phone. You do it, you dip, you don't show up on the street where it happened until you changed clothes and some time passed. If you rob someone, you shouldn't be there for five minutes patting some poor bastard down with one hand as you hold the gun to their body with the other. If it was in a gang infested area and it was your turf - that's completely fine, but if you are in a crowded area and you're desperate for a quick buck, don't waste your time squeezing everything out of people with mediocre /me lines just to make it quicker and even more mediocre.

Furthermore, I feel like this is getting slightly unrealistic to some degree. When you look at nice neighborhoods, and what I mean by that is neighborhoods that aren't complete, chaotic, ghetto hoods like Strawberry or Rancho, you don't see gangbangers driving in a cheap four-door spotting out "marks" to rob. You see people hanging out, minding their own business, going to or back home from work and etc.

Now, I know for a fact people don't roleplay outside or even walk because they're in fear of getting robbed by some mongoloid on a Sanchez. Don't ask me, ask anyone, even look at LSNN's latest article where they got shit thrown at them (IN CHRACTER!!!) for even implying walking is a good idea. And that doesn't count for communities, because obviously when there's people around you're gonna be safe. But when there's no one around and you're in the middle of an otherwise nice neighborhood, there's a high risk that you're gonna get robbed. And it's not because the area is dead, it obviously isn't from what we can see above, it's because the person who is trying to rob you is thinking to themselves "AH YES NO PLAYER NO WITNESS HAHA GIVE MONEY PHONE. NO NO /SHOWITEMS TOO BISH".

My suggestion here is make robberies allowed after let's say 8/9PM server time until 6/7AM, when it starts to get dark and then once the sun is almost up. And only in areas that would not be too populated, such as alleyways, areas outside of the city, some random corners and such.

• 3 weeks later...

I think yesterday was really interesting especially around the vinewood area. I saw a lot of places booming with customers, groups of friends in numerous places it actually felt like a city with a lot of traffic and foot traffic. I see really good things to come about with the server specially if we can reach 1,000 players!!!   

On 5/16/2020 at 6:04 PM, hentai! said:

but I'm just wondering if they do it because the city is dead to them?

No, they're bored, a lot of them.  Others don't care.  Others have sort of given up on putting effort into their rp and they just want to troll or get some laughs.