I just wanna know how people see Los Santos.

alina2137

7 minutes ago, Gloccs said:

That's completely different, and if we're going to rp 12 million people, then I guess Donald Trump exist in the GTA virtual world, right?  If that's the case then I know for a fact America has over a million of cases of coronavirus, even though they finally open everything up here. We might as well rp coronavirus happening in our GTA virtual world, if we want to rp 12 million people that clearly do not exist ig. It's like NPC's if you think about it. What if I did /me is walking his 6 year old kid down the block, but there's literally nobody physically next to me where other players could see, that's clearly powergaming. Just like rping streets being busy because in reality there would be 12 million people in a metro area is clearly powergaming because there's only 500 of us. Safe zones are different, that's why it's in the rules, where you can't commit crimes. 

It doesn't have to be all or nothing, I'm not sure why a lot of you think that way. Also, why are safe zones different? If we're role playing that those areas would be populated, when no one is physically there, then what's so different about role playing the rest of the city being populated? You're saying its powergaming to RP the rest of the city as populated, but its not powergaming to RP that there would be people in these safe zones all the time preventing crime? Can't have your cake and eat it too dude. It's all about striking a balance between realism and the fact that we're playing a video game. We're in a metropolitan city. It should be RP'd as such.

Edited by Chief
  • Upvote 3
Just now, Chief said:

It doesn't have to be all or nothing, I'm not sure why a lot of you think that way. Also, why are safe zones different? If we're role playing that those areas would be populated, when no one is physically there, then what's so different about role playing the rest of the city being populated? You're saying its powergaming to RP the rest of the city as populated, but its not powergaming to RP that there would be people in these safe zones all the time? Can't have your cake and eat it too dude. It's all about striking a balance between realism and the fact that we're playing a video game. We're in a metropolitan city. It should be RP'd as such.

Let the admins decide on that, I don't even play GTA V like that. I haven't been on in a week.  

It would be pretty amazing if adding single player NPCs was possible. It'd make things a lot more immersive. I know people have proposed this idea before on san andreas RP servers but I never saw it implemented anywhere. I would like to know if such a thing is possible. I think it would attract a lot more people in general.

15 hours ago, Roulette said:

It would be pretty amazing if adding single player NPCs was possible. It'd make things a lot more immersive. I know people have proposed this idea before on san andreas RP servers but I never saw it implemented anywhere. I would like to know if such a thing is possible. I think it would attract a lot more people in general.

Pretty sure adding NPC's would crash the server randomly, can rage mp even handle millions of NPCS on a server like GTAV story mode?

NPC's sound cool in theory but in application it wouldn't work out on a role play server. They can't react to you as an actual player would and RP with you, they would just be stand-in's basically. It would definitely make things look more city-like, but it would ruin immersion in many different situations.

I think of it like Baghdad or Fallujah during the invasion but my character who's with the invading USA military took a dose of some seriously fucked LSD resulting in hallucinations of a city much like LA. Or I just think of it like Chicago that merged with Detroit and then smoked ten pounds of crack.

Edited by Boland

I mean, NPCs would be a decent idea if one could witness one-hundred cars driving around the city, rather than as pedestrians. It'll automatically resolve the issue with unrealistic speeding, without over-loading the server, heavily. In this case, only 100 vehicle-based NPCs rather than walking pedestrians.

Edited by DLimit

I personally wish we could get the NPC's turned on so the city would feel more alive. Even when you are on your own. 

But I doubt that would ever happen, but things like that would more than likely make people think twice before robbing being in the middle of the street, driving like maniacs on the roads or using the Vespucci beachwalk as a road. Which it most definitely isent. 

It's a pipedream I know, but the hope keeps me going ?

Fuck having NPC's. I don't wanna have a bunch of non reactive NPC's walking through my rp scenes like ghosts, nor do i want some fucking retarded NPC to drive over me while i cross the street. NTM it'd take up a bunch of our player slots and most likely cause shitloads of lag.

People driving like maniacs should be reported, because it's non rp.