I just wanna know how people see Los Santos.

alina2137

It should 100% be role played as if it were a bustling metropolitan city. Lines have to be drawn, but that's a judgement call for the GTAW admins to make. No, we shouldn't role play stop and go traffic or sidewalks so busy that you can't jog or run because that would be as mundane as role playing every action when you go to the bathroom. That's just unnecessary. However, robberies in the middle of busy streets & people driving 100+ mph through main city intersections? Get that out of here. Balance must be created so that people don't act like the city is a ghost town, but so we land somewhere between it being a video game and a 1:1 real life recreation. We are a serious role play server after all, so there should be some goal to strive towards making it more realistic than not.

Edited by Chief
6 minutes ago, Chief said:

It should 100% be role played as if it were a bustling metropolitan city. Lines have to be drawn, but that's a judgement call for the GTAW admins to make. No, we shouldn't role play stop and go traffic or sidewalks so busy that you can't jog or run because that would be as mundane as role playing every action when you go to the bathroom. That's just unnecessary. However, robberies in the middle of busy streets & people driving 100+ mph through main city intersections? Get that out of here. Balance must be created so that people don't act like the city is a ghost town, but so we land somewhere between it being a video game and a 1:1 real life recreation. We are a serious role play server after all, so there should be some goal to strive towards making it more realistic than not.

I think it's powergaming  role-playing a busy street if there's no actual physical players on the street. Therefore if someone robs another player and there happens to be nobody around in the daylight, that should be okay. Unless they do it in somewhere that's unrealistic like in front of a bank or a store etc. 

6 minutes ago, Gloccs said:

I think it's powergaming  role-playing a busy street if there's no actual physical players on the street. Therefore if someone robs another player and there happens to be nobody around in the daylight, that should be okay. Unless they do it in somewhere that's unrealistic like in front of a bank or a store etc. 

Agree to disagree ? I think it's poor portrayal to act like we're in a city of only 500 people. I agree it would be okay if you're on a side street or a back alley where there would realistically be less of a chance of getting caught, but overall we're not in a city of only 400-500 people. It's a metropolitan city, which by definition would have thousands of people or more.

Edited by Chief
Just now, Chief said:

Agree to disagree ? I think it's poor portrayal to act like we're in a city of only 500 people. I agree it would be okay if you're on a side street or a back alley where there would realistically be less of a chance of getting caught, but overall we're not in a city of only 400-500 people. It's a metropolitan city, which by definition it would have thousands of people or more.

Sorry, that's clearly power gaming if we are going to rp Los Santos with a population of 12 million people when we clearly have only 500 players. That's just a fact dude,  we should not RP streets busy if there isn't anyone there. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 10.35.40 PM.png

12 minutes ago, Gloccs said:

Sorry, that's clearly power gaming if we are going to rp Los Santos with a population of 12 million people when we clearly have only 500 players. That's just a fact dude,  we should not RP streets busy if there isn't anyone there.

Like I said, agree to disagree. What's your opinion about safe zones then? It is stated in the rules that these are zones that would realistically have people more often than not and would be considered poor RP to engage in crime there. If no one is physically there, then by your stance you should be allowed to engage in criminal activity at those locations. Right? If we're using your logic, you should technically be against crime-free zones.

Edited by Chief
4 minutes ago, Chief said:

Like I said, agree to disagree. What's your opinion about safe zones then? It is stated in the rules that these are zones that would realistically have people there at all times and would be considered poor RP to engage in crime there. If no one is physically there, then by your stance you should be allowed to engage in criminal activity at those locations. Right? If we're using the same logic.

That's completely different, and if we're going to rp 12 million people, then I guess Donald Trump exist in the GTA virtual world, right?  If that's the case then I know for a fact America has over a million of cases of coronavirus, even though they finally open everything up here. We might as well rp coronavirus happening in our GTA virtual world, if we want to rp 12 million people that clearly do not exist ig. It's like NPC's if you think about it. What if I did /me is walking his 6 year old kid down the block, but there's literally nobody physically next to me where other players could see, that's clearly powergaming. Just like rping streets being busy because in reality there would be 12 million people in a metro area is clearly powergaming because there's only 500 of us. Safe zones are different, that's why it's in the rules, where you can't commit crimes. 

You can reference Donald Trump IC though? San Andreas is a state within America and Donald Trump is the president of the United States. We’re not role playing covid-19 because management has explicitly said we’re not. 

Los Santos is a thriving metropolitan city.