Bring more RP to Sandy Shores/Grapeseed/Paleto Bay

SpeccsOps

Could we use one of the unused train station locations or small airports as the alternate spawnpoint? I would also like to see more shops and stores in the county, but the pickup point for many essential supplies such as vehicle parts for mechanics is in the port of Los Santos. That means Blaine County mechanic shops (especially in Paleto) have to make parts runs themselves or pay high rates for parts. Which is no good, as many customers won't drive out to their shop anyway. There are two possible locations to add new delivery pickups in my opinion, the factories north of the quarry and the Paleto train depo (which connects to the terminal via the railways).

As someone who is pushing to bring more rp to Paleto through IC means I would love to see the following:

1. A review of house ownership in these areas. There aren't that many houses to go around  out here and quite frankly most of them are already owned but barely used. If people are actually living in them then shouldn't they be in the town. Especially since it's been stated that living in Blaine and commuting to LS to work or rp is unrealistic and unacceptable rp on this server. There are literally only two rental options in Paleto right now. It's hard to RP when you find out you're all roomates with a lardlord that you can't get in touch with. Maybe revoke some of the ownership that aren't meeting realistic rp standards and then set those aside for "Housing Requests" so that people have to apply for them and they aren't just being horded and not used.

Some of the stilt houses are also being used as one big house when they are actually duplexes or multiple units. You could change these to reflect that as you have in LS. 

This goes for businesses in Paleto too. Most of the ones newly opening are owned or leased by people who live elsewhere..probably because there is no available housing in Paleto.

2. Activate the /bjoin and /startshift jobs in Paleto. I tried to join these in Paleto because there are literally no businesses in Paleto who open and or are advertising hiring people in my timezone...or regularly in any timezone with the exception of Beeker's which opened today and The Bay Bar in 7am-9am server time zone.

The other issue related to this is, when someone is working in one of the 24/7s etc in LS..the ones in the county don't work. It's not realistic to have to drive to the city to by a note so you can leave it in the rental house for your absentee landlord to hopefully find and contact you. 

Re-activating the /bjoin would also offer a work around to this as people could go on duty if they had this job and needed to buy something while on shift.

3. Script one or more rooms into the hotel/motel near the gondola/outside Paleto and on the highway that runs through Paleto. I can provide screenshots and coordinates to these if desired.

Edited by TakeTwo
  • Upvote 1
On 5/30/2020 at 1:35 AM, Nervous said:

Please add coordinates for new phone stores / plastic surgeries in a list with bullet points.

• Store 1 - coordinate
  • Store 2 - coordinate

You can collect them from /coords.

Adding a new spawnpoint is non negociable, it won't happen. Rental is ok.

enSLZme.jpg

These are just two suggestions in Grapeseed, the middle-man between Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay. I'd be happy to find more both in SS and PB, though.

They're both un-owned and un-mapped. The plastic surgeon would be using the side-door of the farmer's market I believe, but it passes as being a separate building. 

(So you can copy+paste)

• Phone Store 1: X: 1655.068, Y: 4873.99, Z: 42.07716, R.y:0, R.z:102.7619
  • Plastic Surgeon 1: X: 1676.3, Y: 4970.909, Z: 42.03911, R.x:0, R.y:0, R.z:259.8527
Edited by SpeccsOps
  • 1 month later...
On 5/31/2020 at 6:29 AM, SpeccsOps said:

enSLZme.jpg

These are just two suggestions in Grapeseed, the middle-man between Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay. I'd be happy to find more both in SS and PB, though.

They're both un-owned and un-mapped. The plastic surgeon would be using the side-door of the farmer's market I believe, but it passes as being a separate building. 

(So you can copy+paste)

• Phone Store 1: X: 1655.068, Y: 4873.99, Z: 42.07716, R.y:0, R.z:102.7619
  • Plastic Surgeon 1: X: 1676.3, Y: 4970.909, Z: 42.03911, R.x:0, R.y:0, R.z:259.8527

I hope these suggestions, as well as others, can still be considered.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic