Rockstar Editor enabled in GTAW

It removes the need to "regulate" what happens in Menyoo and it provides an avenue for content creators across the board, whether you like making videos or photos. It'll forever squash the idea that any IC pictures worth their salt (such as selfies) need to be done in Menyoo because it can be done on the live server.

I see it as nothing but beneficial. There's no such thing as someone stopping role-play "for a photo", and tbh that's already happening now when people take role-play screenshots. The Editor lets you hit F1 and start recording.

If anything? This keeps people on the server instead of needing them to create content for their characters in single player.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 1
Just now, liq said:

It removes the need to "regulate" what happens in Menyoo and it provides an avenue for content creators across the board, whether you like making videos or photos. It'll forever squash the idea that any IC pictures worth their salt (such as selfies) need to be done in Menyoo because it can be done on the live server.

I see it as nothing but beneficial. There's no such thing as someone stopping role-play "for a photo", and tbh that's already happening now when people take role-play screenshots. The Editor lets you hit F1 and start recording.

If anything? This keeps people on the server instead of needing them to create content for their characters in single player.

completely agree

stopping RP for screenshots is a terrible fucking practice and i hate that it's become so standard across GTA roleplay; this would completely eliminate the need for it.

there's a million reasons to enable it and zero reasons not to.

1 hour ago, Zayyy said:

When you record the clip it saves the other shit happening around you as well FYI.

Just to confirm the mod you're talking about cuts the movement restriction of the camera and allows you to fly from one end of the map to the other BUT it'll only ever show what was in your current area, everything beyond the camera restriction is LOD's and nothingness so it couldn't be used to see what people are doing on the other side of the city if you wasn't there to actually see it.

HOWEVER yes, the RE can be abused if in the wrong hands, few examples off the top of my head:

Using the RE to check the numberplates of vehicles involved in shootings.

Using RE to zoom in through masks to get a proper look at a player's face who you wouldn't normally be able to see.

Kinda petty but players using it to PG recording certain IC events that shouldn't be possible, EG a police chase with movie-like angles for their street racing faction.

Despite the potential abuse the pros still greatly outweigh the cons and I don't feel like a great suggestion should be trashed because of a few bad apples.

11 minutes ago, Marksman said:

But you can't just replicate something that happened on the server. It's either far too difficult and time consuming, or nigh impossible. There's no reason not to add it for those that will benefit from it.

I’ve replicated many roleplay scenarios in menyoo - it’s all down to personal preference and I just fail to see how adding it to GTAW is any different to using menyoo alone, it’s the same thing minus the XML creating in which there’s already a system to transfer IG to XMLs compatible and identical to Menyoo.

Again I don’t disagree with it being added I just don’t see it being anymore helpful than Menyoo is.

39 minutes ago, Selena said:

What’s the point of that then? You log into GTAW to play GTAW not to go into the photo editor and disconnect from it.

This allows you to record content on GTA:W, and then being able to go into the R* Editor in single player post RP to take photos and make content. Recreating scenarios and RP in single player after GTA:W is a pain in the ass. This fixes that.

2 minutes ago, Selena said:

I’ve replicated many roleplay scenarios in menyoo - it’s all down to personal preference and I just fail to see how adding it to GTAW is any different to using menyoo alone, it’s the same thing minus the XML creating in which there’s already a system to transfer IG to XMLs compatible and identical to Menyoo.

Again I don’t disagree with it being added I just don’t see it being anymore helpful than Menyoo is.

It may not be more helpful to you than singleplayer is (Menyoo is just a trainer, there are several), but taking photos with one, two, three models is a lot easier than anything from maybe half a dozen people onwards, or even something as little as two cars. Or custom interiors  that are unique to the server through the furnishing script.

All these things can not be replicated in singleplayer and that's where this suggestion would benefit a lot of people. There are a lot of different uses for the Rockstar Editor, just yours doesnt match it.

I think support for this feature is great and would love to see it because I don't invest much time in the whole menyoo stuff. This would allow me to take cleaner and quicker photos without wanting to add anything extra.

But for the people that are saying it'll remove the need to regulate or use menyoo, people are still going to use it over the server. Menyoo has always been used to add items that their character would be holding or posed in a way which the server does not have the animation for. I don't think it needs to be this deep with the reasons for and against, just a show of support will do.

Holy shit yes. I despise the use of Menyoo and the effort it takes. Plus some people just use Menyoo and barely go IG. This would encourage people to stop just FB picture posting their Menyoo shit and get them IG.