Head-shot System

18 hours ago, Shekh said:

Yes. Ive even seen people get downed from headshots and admins along with medics have let them RP surviving the situation. 

It is pretty hard to get someone with a headshot while theyre running so i support this suggestion. But it should also be a rule that admins/fd cant revive u if ur downed from headshots. It is PG to just rp it as skimming. I once emptied 2 combat pistol clips into someones head and the admin let them survive and then they told PD where I live, which is completely unfair.

This is not true in the slightest. Headshots are considered instant death once a person is script injured, EMS has to treat until the last breathe, but we’re specifically not allowed to revive post headshot unless there’s a helmet on. There are a couple other exceptions such as damage and context, but otherwise you ain’t surviving headshots in general.

45 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

This is not true in the slightest. Headshots are considered instant death once a person is script injured, EMS has to treat until the last breathe, but we’re specifically not allowed to revive post headshot unless there’s a helmet on. There are a couple other exceptions such as damage and context, but otherwise you ain’t surviving headshots in general.

Ive seen people survive headshots after being treated by pd/fd because an admin allowed it. No need to say i’m lying when i’ve literally seen it.

26 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Ive seen people survive headshots after being treated by pd/fd because an admin allowed it. No need to say i’m lying when i’ve literally seen it.

That falls under the “context” exception. Such as poorly roleplayed shootings that instead of voiding, become survivable. And is usually under admin discretion. But they’ve only happened twice in the past maybe... four months. It’s stupidly rare.

• 2 weeks later...

No, the current damage system is fine it's just the sync that needs improvement. It may be realistic to kill someone with one head shot but it's way too easy to get those head shots in a video game than it is in real life regardless of using a mouse or controller. Realism-wise I think it balances out that it takes a little more to kill someone since the aiming is so much easier than in reality.

If it was up to me, every head shot would be a fatal shot end of story. Far too many people exploit the system and swerve damage by saying that the bullet grazed their cheek, or took off their ear, and then just never acknowledge the life altering damage again. Easiest end to the argument is that head shots are death. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Brox said:

If it was up to me, every head shot would be a fatal shot end of story. Far too many people exploit the system and swerve damage by saying that the bullet grazed their cheek, or took off their ear, and then just never acknowledge the life altering damage again. Easiest end to the argument is that head shots are death. 

facts 

Doesn't anybody think that instant death with no ability to revive is a bit much on a server where you don't even have to post an emote before scrolling your automatic pistol out of the wheel? Big no. If there wasn't potential for abuse and if guns weren't so wide-spread, it could be better. Right now, a change like this would put too much power in the hands of the shoot first, questions later crowd.

9 hours ago, AlphaBatal said:

Doesn't anybody think that instant death with no ability to revive is a bit much on a server where you don't even have to post an emote before scrolling your automatic pistol out of the wheel? Big no. If there wasn't potential for abuse and if guns weren't so wide-spread, it could be better. Right now, a change like this would put too much power in the hands of the shoot first, questions later crowd.

Sounds like you don't want realism... and it makes no sense to get revived from a headshot.... it'd be a PK anyway I'm not suggesting forcing CKs for headshots.

Please read Maple's answer and the various information about our damage system.

This is already scripted in, we just made headshot not an instant fatal wound (almost though). But each bone has a different damage multiplier. I'll lock this.