New job [GOPostal Postman]

Short description: A new way to grind to offer variety when picking jobs.

Detailed description: Right, so let's first start off with the job side of the feature, let us work for GOPostal! GOPostal gives us the ability to offer a variety job that includes above and underage characters to grind money (of course, this does mean you have to RP every action you make). 

There are three locations we could use, all simultaneously.  

- Downtown Vinewood, which covers North and West LS, from Vespucci Beach to West Vinewood residencies (Also including Mirror Park however).
The location offers two types of vehicles, depending on your license status:
- With a license, you'll be able to take your routes using a Boxville
- Without a license, you'll be able to take your routes using a Scorcher bicycle, or a Faggio Sport, up for discussion.
help me found in OpenIV - GoPostal and Post | GTA5-Mods.com Forums

- Pillbox Hill, which covers South and East LS, from Chamberlain Hills to Cypress Flats residencies.
The location offers two types of vehicles, depending on your license status:
- With a license, you'll be able to take your routes using a Boxville
- Without a license, you'll be able to take your routes using a Scorcher bicycle, or a Faggio Sport, up for discussion.

GoPostal | GTA Wiki | Fandom

- Elysian island, which covers Harmony, Sandy Shores, Stab City and Paleto Bay
The location offers one type of vehicle, depending on your license status:
- With a license, you'll be able to take your routes using a Boxville.

These routes take much longer and are compensated as such, it's your character's decision to take these however. Your decision could depend on the route's safety compared to other routes or perhaps the time it takes them to complete these routes.
Lor1dy7.png

Before you start a route, you'll need to pick up packages at one of these locations (5 - 10 - 15 - 25 packages depending on how many routes you've already completed. Scorchers/Faggio Sports are limited to 10 packages total.). After completing a route, use /startroute once more in the Boxville or Scorcher/Faggio Sport to restart the whole process by selecting which postal office you'd like to work for.

Commands to add: /startroute

Items to add: Boxville with the GOPostal livery

How would your suggestion improve the server?: Adds a new job, which could potentially be utilised by players roleplaying an underage character. Also adds a bit more life to the server.

Additional information: I have no idea what the payouts should be, so that's still up for discussion. Routes are limited to their neighbourhoods, which could be randomly selected by the server on each route.

I also really like @iAMTemple's suggestion of a PO box or mailing system, however I don't think these two suggestions should be depended on each other. Simply put, if you know someone's PO box address, or house address, you could deposit items into their possession even when they're offline. 

• Applaud 1

I like this idea, but I'd also like to see it tied in with the existing cargo delivery jobs. Having the three GoPostal locations added as delivery routes for large goods vehicles would add a sense of realism to the logistical supply chain and create a feeling that mail being delivered by GoPostal workers doesn't just appear out of thin air - It needs to be delivered to a District Hub by a goods driver, and then sorted, loaded and delivered locally by a Postie.

That would mean GoPostal would need a fourth building - A state-wide Regional Sorting Hub, which truck drivers collect from, then pick from one of the three district hubs to deliver the mail to.

Additionally, on the flip side if the above suggestion just isn't viable or is too over-reaching. The addition of collections from Mailboxes dotted around each area would be more than achievable. It would mean each mailbox would need to be scripted like vending machines are for people working for GoPostal, with the option to /collectmail or similar from each one, return to the van and then head back to one of the three GoPostal buildings to deliver mail for sorting would be a nice addition to the job.

• Upvote 1

I like this idea a lot.

I also agree with Switch about the sorting hub. There is in fact a GoPostal warehouse at Los Santos International Airport which could work quite well. For players with a pilot’s license, the job could also include deliveries by air using, for example, a Cuban 800 to take mail to Fort Zancudo, Sandy Shores and Grapeseed airfields. These could also be added as pickup points for the van/moped drivers to deliver to/from.

• mj2002 locked this topic