Extortion Application

Sami.

13 minutes ago, Law said:

Most business owners are civilians that would naturally gravitate towards law enforcement or an intelligence agency to professionally crack down on this threat whilst leaving the owner as anonymous as possible. Personally I don’t think death should be the result of payment refusal, so owning a character’s fate over a one-sided application is poor judgement.

^^^^

I have never seen or read anything about mobs or illegal organizations in real life in the US that outright kill a business owner because he does not pay his dues. The only cases being if he is in heavy debt to them or regularly interacts with him that he us considered a criminal just as much as they are. But murdering innocent business owners that are not involved at all in that life is a ticket to a Federal crackdown that most illegal organizations in real life wouldn't dare approach because, in the end, the FBI is the biggest organization with an unlimited budget and if they want to find you, oh they will. I think an alternative is enforcing a 1 month locking of the business if the extorters decide to burn it down. That's enough time for them to feel the loss and reassess their decisions. How will this be enforced? I don't know. But there are always solutions around this.

Edited by Radhwan
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Sami said:

the aggressor will literally kill you if you don't meet their demands

You can do this without much problem now. If the business owners fail to roleplay fear then you can even submit a CK application. This suggestion makes no sense in this form. Not supported.

58 minutes ago, Law said:

Most business owners are civilians that would naturally gravitate towards law enforcement or an intelligence agency to professionally crack down on this threat whilst leaving the owner as anonymous as possible. Personally I don’t think death should be the result of payment refusal, so owning a character’s fate over a one-sided application is poor judgement.

What about those "civilians" who act like the Terminator himself?

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, liafriuli said:

You can do this without much problem now. If the business owners fail to roleplay fear then you can even submit a CK application. This suggestion makes no sense in this form. Not supported.

okay fair enough, if this is doable then discussion over like. It's not directly obvious that that is the case, so I'm confused as to how you expect me to know? Thanks for letting me know that you can do that.

30 minutes ago, Caporegime said:

So.. much.. misinformation.. No. There's absolutely no need for this. Crime isn't an equal opportunity employer and introducing such a system would make it such.

I'm confused what you mean here, no one is saying crime should be equal opportunity, I'm saying crime should be realistic. We're not talking about crime as an umbrella term here, we're talking about exploiting small businesses. There are numerous IC avenues to attack and counter in that situation.

Maybe I just don't understand you and that's not what you meant idk. 

• mj2002 locked this topic