Extortion Application

Sami.

Short description:

An avenue for extortion supported by the server rules.

Detailed description:

Extortion is something that has grown quiet hard to do due to the limited threat an individual may cause the victim. To counter that I have something that I think   would work.

- An application that any criminal with the sufficient means to extort a business can take, applying for the ability to extort a specific business. This application grants the person the ability to CK their victim if every other route fails.

- If you are a part of a faction you do not need to make this application however must fully RP the entire process.

Commands to add:

Maybe /extort that would be similar to /breakin

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Creates a larger avenue for criminal RP.

Additional information:

Not sure I agree with this. This is a lose-lose situation for any legal business owner in an area where these groups exist. If a faction or group gets to the point to where they can sufficiently extort any business, then they pretty much have the upper hand every time because of the CK approval at the end.

I don't mind taking a loss, but at least with a PK it's not a permanent loss and both parties get great RP out of the entire scenario. With your suggestion no matter what the business owner does, even if they are successful in hiring security / working with PD to keep you away from the business, at the end of the day you will have the ability to CK their character. Eventually you'll have multiple factions/groups filing for these extortion applications. After enough CK's of business owners, you'll have many less businesses to extort because there would be no long term value at that point for them to open new ventures. These applications would force them into a "pay the extortion money or lose their character permanently" scenario every time. I'm afraid this tips the scales too far to one side for me to support this.

I'm all for a discussion though, so feel free to try and change my point of view. I'll keep an open mind about it for sure ?

Edited by Chief
  • Upvote 4

You're already capable of CKing individuals if they display zero fear while being extorted. Thus, this suggestion seems unnecessary. 

File a C.K. application on a person that does not display any fear while being extorted. If the admins perceive the extortion to be realistic, then it'll more than likely be accepted. Simple solution.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, DLimit said:

You're already capable of CKing individuals if they display zero fear while being extorted. Thus, this suggestion seems unnecessary. 

File a C.K. application on a person that does not display any fear while being extorted. If the admins perceive the extortion to be realistic, then it'll more than likely be accepted. Simple solution.

7 hours ago, Chief said:

Not sure I agree with this. This is a lose-lose situation for any legal business owner in an area where these groups exist. If a faction or group gets to the point to where they can sufficiently extort any business, then they pretty much have the upper hand every time because of the CK approval at the end.

I don't mind taking a loss, but at least with a PK it's not a permanent loss and both parties get great RP out of the entire scenario. With your suggestion no matter what the business owner does, even if they are successful in hiring security / working with PD to keep you away from the business, at the end of the day you will have the ability to CK their character. Eventually you'll have multiple factions/groups filing for these extortion applications. After enough CK's of business owners, you'll have many less businesses to extort because there would be no long term value at that point for them to open new ventures. These applications would force them into a "pay the extortion money or lose their character permanently" scenario every time. I'm afraid this tips the scales too far to one side for me to support this.

I'm all for a discussion though, so feel free to try and change my point of view. I'll keep an open mind about it for sure ?

Yeah so the thing is, the focal point of extortion is the possibility that the aggressor will literally kill you if you don't meet their demands. 

It's hard to find a value greater then money, one of the only things being a life. 

The thing is, it's not hard to get caught extorting a business, so let's say someone doesn't decide to play it out well and role plays the extortion like an idiot? They could either find themselves CKed, or arrested. Regardless extortion is a real thing that requires a real death and real consequence to work.

4 hours ago, Chong said:

Extorting in 2020? lol

Yes? 

Nah, if you have enough reason to CK someone, file a CK app.

what needs to be adjusted are business owners and their attitude. They read an ethnic name for the name tag and they automatically assume your there to extort them. I’ve had someone scream at me IC “IM NOT PAYING ANYMORE PROTECTION MONEY I ALREADY PAY THE ITALIANS” when I literally only intended to buy flowers. It’s incredible frustrating especially when you can refuse to pay the extortion while still showing fear. You don’t need to be some bad ass lesbian who mouths off towards gangbangers.

Most business owners are civilians that would naturally gravitate towards law enforcement or an intelligence agency to professionally crack down on this threat whilst leaving the owner as anonymous as possible. Personally I don’t think death should be the result of payment refusal, so owning a character’s fate over a one-sided application is poor judgement.

• mj2002 locked this topic