Failure between RageMP and R* Launcher

So, I'm honestly stumped on this one. Following an update to the Rockstar launcher, I have not been able to get ingame. When launching the game through Rage, the R* launcher does not process it through like normal, and instead only gives an option to play through steam. When attempting to play it through steam, I get the 'app already running' error from the Steam side of things.

So far, I have:

1. Reinstalled RageMP
  2. Verified the cache of my GTA V
  3. Reinstalled GTA V
  4. Reinstalled RageMP again
  5. Restarted my PC
  6. Attempted to use a launcher bypass - no effect

This error also happens if I attempt to direct connect. So, at this point I believe that I've narrowed the fault down to the Rockstar launcher. But, how would I go about it? I'm trying to look into downgrading, but I don't see how that could work. Additionally, once the Rockstar launcher is well, launched, a RageMP process titled 'mp_process' appears and takes a hefty amount of CPU room.

https://gyazo.com/95ccd5f6ea10111704c3a7b2d430ff30 (Video of RageMP launching me to the R* Launcher, which only has a play with steam option)
unknown.png

1 hour ago, BinaryRun said:

Hi. I'm not sure if this is of any use to you, but you might want to ask on the RageMP discord, they might be able to help you quicker / better. https://discord.gg/tChBaeu

Thanks! Went in there; haven't gotten a response yet.

Just now, Moreno said:

Just to clarify it. You have the Steam version and not the retail one, right?

Steam version, yes.

27 minutes ago, Moreno said:

I would try to start the R* launcher, let it hang in it's own menu, not starting the game.
If it runs then you should start Rage, and then it should be okay. At least it is working for the retail one.

I can't believe this worked. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Bash locked this topic