Removal of automatic /me upon /take and /place

Just now, Humour said:

I disagree. We're all meant to roleplay this as accurate as we can when we have the time for it. When we do not have the time, we've been told that doing /take 1 is enough just because of the automatic /me. 

That's a flawed argument. You always have time for roleplay, it's a roleplay server. 

I agree though, Tseard. It takes about three to four seconds to write out a /me regarding the gunrack et cetera. This suggestion would bridge the gap that lies between LEO RPers and illegal RPers in terms of shootouts as currently you can /take 1 and kill them instantly. With this, you'd have no choice but to back off, roleplay (fear) and call for additional units. 

Yes please.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I can't disagree more. You want us to type a whole sentence then a cmd while we are getting shot at or while in a pursuit? Hell no. I don't know the rules about hopping out of a car with a  weapon, but if anything, nobody should be forced to RP it. The /me does nothing but give the other party an advantage by giving them a heads up. It has no significance because you can actually see him doing the action. It's like doing /me is walking and then starts walking, it's just absurd and useless.

I'm sorry but what?

It is not allowed to scroll weapons without roleplay with the exception of the following weapons:

• Small melee weapons (Knife, Hammer, Bottle, Dagger, KnuckleDuster, SwitchBlade, Flashlight)
  • Small handguns (Pistol, CombatPistol, Pistol50, SNSPistol, HeavyPistol, VintagePistol, Revolver, APPistol, StunGun, FlareGun)
  • Small thrown weapons (Grenade, SmokeGrenade, BZGas, Molotov, Flare)
  • Other small guns (MachinePistol, MiniSMG)

E.G.

• Player scrolls an assault rifle.

So to your logic, PD is allowed to have an advantage of getting a weapon through a /take  while criminal roleplayers have to type out a whole /me ? If you're at a disadvantage then tough luck that means you have to deal with it the same way criminals have to deal with being at a disadvantage of instantanous rifles being pulled out by PD.

This command needs to go or maybe we should introduce /take to criminals as well then so it's all fair.

Not being biased, but I disagree. As a LEO we are always in disadvantage when it comes to shootings, most of our time we spend inside our vehicle and the weapon can only be removed if you are inside the cruiser. Most of the time the criminals have their automatic ready to shoot at you. I really don't see the point of this, it brings us no advantage at all.

Edited by RoamPT

Just now, RoamPT said:

Not being biased, but I disagree. As a LEO we are always in disadvantages when it comes to shootings, most of our time we spend inside the vehicle and the weapon can only be removed if you are inside the cruiser. Most of the time the criminals have their automatic already to fire back at you. I really don't see the point of this, it brings us no advantage at all.

That's the point?? Not everything is about advantages.

We shouldn't be given the luxury of automated /me's when criminals do not have the same. If you can't take 4 seconds to write a basic /me removing your gun from your gunrack then you should question your priorities— it's a roleplay server. I'm all for this change.

• Upvote 2
Just now, RoamPT said:

Not being biased, but I disagree. As a LEO we are always in disadvantage when it comes to shootings, most of our time we spend inside our vehicle and the weapon can only be removed if you are inside the cruiser. Most of the time the criminals have their automatic ready to shoot at you. I really don't see the point of this, it brings us no advantage at all.

The point of the suggestion isn't to bring an advantage to one group of people over the other. The intention is to make it fair. Fair being that, if a person has to /me taking a long gun out, why do we get to do /take 1 and get one automatically generated for us? There's already swaths of things that make the playing field outbalanced (central and A-TAC is the most glaring one) so a suggestion as nuanced as this is both small and a step in the right direction.

The message displayed is power game and not fair for criminal role players. Having a pre-set /me is a huge advantage, and not something in the ''we're a police department'' argument — simple, it is not fair. We need to ensure (as police roleplayers) that we provide fairness and an equal playing field in certain aspects for criminal role players, and sometimes allowing them to have the upper hand.

The /me is lack-lustre, and play to win. You should have to role play taking it out yourself, the script shouldn't do it for you.

1 minute ago, RoamPT said:

This isn't exactly true. LEO's have an arsenal at their hands and can call backup that will show up in a minute. How are we the ones with the disadvantage when we are given long guns? If you're in a position where you're overwhelmed with gunfire then you need to back up and re-position yourself at the advantage. And if you're always in your car, why does it matter? Now if you're stuck without your car, without your rifle, and the locals start shooting at you now you're at a disadvantage.

This isn't about bringing you an advantage.

I understand your point of view I really do. I'm fine either it gets removed or not. I always roleplay my weapons on the field regardless after they are taken out. My point is that it doesn't create advantage over anyone.

• Syrike locked this topic