The most overlooked type of roleplay?

np

52 minutes ago, Torlo said:

People seem to have an issue with losing in roleplay situations, I totally understand I did too but losing can really make for an interesting turn in character development.

The last time I suggested willingly losing in a roleplay situation, the response was... not encouraging...

You can get in a fight and your intention should be to come out on top, it’s what should drive you. Losing just for the sake of losing makes no sense to me, what’s the point of getting into a fight in the first place if you’re just gonna lose? Seems like terrible roleplay to me. 

Edited by DasFroggy

Well my character Ethan Parker is not a fighter, he's a giant pussy and would never win a fight so it doesn't matter if I ooc want to win, he more than likely won't unless he fights dirty. This is exactly why I hate script fighting, you should take into account your characters abilities when you rp a fight. 

You don't lose for the sake of losing, you lose when it makes sense in the rp for you to lose, if you're 5'10 and 120 lbs with zero experience, you're not gonna beat Mike Tyson just because you want to, in a random spam script fight you may! 

Edited by Torlo

I won’t lie, developing a character and having everything that he/she does impact you has been super fun for me. When I made Selena I began this document of just writing down her development as it goes along and for the past year she’s still to this day my favourite to play on. I think once you’ve established a base for your character you set off there.

I suppose that would fall under basic rp / business.

On the other hand, I enjoy LEO rp such as PD and courts and think when it’s developed and shown it can be really interesting. Something about off-duty rp makes me happy because you’ve not only got so many opportunities on the job you also get some time away from it to just develop your character outside of their occupation.

As others have expressed, I do enjoy Sandy Rp too, incredibly underrated yet thoroughly enjoyable.

5 minutes ago, Selena said:

I won’t lie, developing a character and having everything that he/she does impact you has been super fun for me. When I made Selena I began this document of just writing down her development as it goes along and for the past year she’s still to this day my favourite to play on. I think once you’ve established a base for your character you set off there.

^ this part hits heavy for me

having character's that are fully dynamic, that actually change as events go on in their life, not set by a backstory and purpose you may have thought up for them - that's the best. one of my characters picked up a nicotine addiction after some particularly stressful nights 2 years ago and they still are addicted. ive got two characters that started with poorer levels of english than they have now, as they have spent time in the country and speaking. one of my characters still triple checks their locks ever since the one time they were robbed in their own home! changing the character as events happen and as time goes on is a big +100 to rp for me, really makes the characters much more fluid and enjoyable. 

• Upvote 1
On 5/1/2020 at 5:02 PM, eTaylor said:

Accurately portrayed meth tweakers and drug addictions in general.

This would really add to the atmosphere in certain neighborhoods, but it seems more like a character you'd log in every now and then, for most people anyway!

• 2 weeks later...