/damages on corpses

Morgan

Suggestion template

Short description:   Ability to use /damages on corpses

Detailed description:  

Right now, the only way for LEOs to know the cause of death of left out corpses is when they go to the morgue, but they should know if the corpse received gunshots or any other damages, facilitating the investigation and rightly so. You don't need special tools to know somebody suffered gunshot wounds or was beaten to death, and it would prompt LEOs to directly look for shell casings or whatever course of action they chose to do, rather than wait until they go the morgue, at which point, it'll be too late. The morgue would still have its importance for more detailed inspections of corpses, such as the type of bullet wounds, time of death and so on. I believe this is easily implemented and just common sense frankly.

EDIT: Names should appear on /cdamages because LEO's usually can identify the person if we have a DNA sample or fingerprints in our system, but we can't do that if we don't know the name OOCly. Knowing the name OOCly also helps us Roleplay with the crime scene as we can ask them OOC questions related to crime scene investigation.

Non-LEO players and investigators can benefit from both features as well.

Commands to add:  /cdamages. Since corpses don't have IDs, make the command work on nearby corpses.

Items to add: 

How would your suggestion improve the server? Realism, More convenience to investigative RP

Additional information:

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1

I can only support this, this would be a massive help. If the text that you'd get when you are shot which says the damage output and the location, could be printed to a small text upon examining a body, this would really help the role play but also potential powergaming of people who say they are not shot in x or y area while in fact they are. 

Server I was on the past had a similar system. I believe admins supervising CKs could set what would be found on the corpse by right clicking it. Then you'd get a little UI pop up that would basically say;

"The body appears to be a man in high mid 30's with multiple gun shot wounds to the chest".

47 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

Server I was on the past had a similar system. I believe admins supervising CKs could set what would be found on the corpse by right clicking it. Then you'd get a little UI pop up that would basically say;

"The body appears to be a man in high mid 30's with multiple gun shot wounds to the chest".

It's not just CKs, PKs as well and admins can't handle that nor should they.

• mj2002 locked this topic