Buying Expensive Vehicles

adirthefirst

A lot of time is spent on discussions regarding to players who RP as a mechanics, FD, PD, bartending and more jobs that don't pay the big money, buying vehicles that IRL they couldn't really afford as a bartender, mech or whatever I already mentioned. Luxury vehicles are seen all over the server, this is not a special thing anymore, not like IRL that you might slide your phone out and take a pic of the expensive vehicle. The point of my suggestion is to not let these people get such cars immediately.

I suggest to add a new car system which won't let purchase the vehicle immediately, but would send an order for the vehicle. I believe it doesn't need to take a lot of time to see if a player can take a hold of an expensive car. I don't say it would be a "car application", that's totally stupid, but if we decide to go with that car ordering system it'll be much more realistic, because when you purchase a car from its company most of the times you won't get it on the spot, sometimes it will even need to be shipped out and you will have to wait a few days til you sit your ass in it.

I know that there are already many expensive cars out there owned by people who don't really "deserve" it RPly and they can't really be stopped. And there are also the dealerships who're selling the great expensive vehicles, but I believe that RP management team can do something about it. 

Take this as a suggestion for the future of the server, it really makes sense to me and I thought it might make sense for others too.

• Upvote 1

This quite defeats the purpose of dealerships in some way, I like the idea but I'm now coming with a slightly altered version of your suggestion - as in real life dealerships will always have a selection of vehicles for preview and some ( a few at least ) in stock for on the spot selling. What I mean is that you can go IRL to a dealership and buy a car on the spot if you have the money BUT obviously there are some vehicles that are rare and will require ordering, either online or probably at that said dealership. I think we should have dealerships that are categorized based on the rarity of the vehicles they sell. Most cheap and medium range vehicles be available in a limited quantity, then sports cars require ordering as you said.

This I think would make some vehicles exclusive and if not - slightly more rare than what they actually are currently. And also old vehicles that aren't produced anymore by manufacturers be removed from dealerships and sold separetely on auctions.

I do agree with the fact that there is an inflation of supercars/luxury cars around the server, it's a known issue that I face every time on the server and it does indeed loses the aspect of realism, although, I don't think that the solution you are offering above is the correct and logical one.

Preventing a player from buying a specific car model because he's "not enough time on the server" or "works at X job" is just unrealistic and it'll instantly drop the quality of RP that this server is trying to push towards.

The real issue here is a poor character development which isn't being overviewed nor punished by the administration team.

The only solution I can think of is punishment for poor character development. Some may say that the problem is an economic problem, "they get paid enough so why shouldn't they buy a supercar?" Well, that is exactly a poor character development. Let's take for example a bar worker, he can get paid enough, on top of the starter money that he's getting, and go buy a fancy car, that's all before he even bought a house, this is exactly the issue that creates the problem, but I might be mistaken since I have no access to the money statistics of the server.

I think that this should be statistically checked by the administration team and they should come up with some sort of a solution, that might be similar to the one I've suggested.

Nah, hard pass. Far too late to implement and I can only see this benefiting current luxury car owners. Car prices are gonna skyrocket and make it even more obscene as it is. If you feel like a certain character shouldn't be driving a luxury car, you can simply report them for it, as stated in this post: https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/topic/7107-roleplay-quality-report-information/

Yet reporting such behaviour rarely happens, iirc.

• mj2002 locked this topic