Realism - thoughts.

Tsarna

16 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

You can pull over twenty of the trucks. Me scriptwise owning them has nothing to do how IC-ly I run the company. So please, do not mix those two things, buddy. 
You can press X as much as you want, but do contact Tr1bal/StoneFire about it to get a clearer picture, they are the CEOs and owners. You will probably get a satisfactory answer. 
Defend myself? Oh No - I am not defending myself. I am just putting up counter-arguments for you for making stupid and invalid points, like the one "Trucking company makes lot of money" - you clearly do not know what you are talking about xD

Okay. I understand completely now why you're not grasping realism, club owner, trucking GM, chef, philanthropist.

And I'm done arguing with you about it. You don't make counter points. You just say "no because." Good luck with your development if you can ever find any.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

The system the PD uses to look up companies should search the government data base as well, I hate being told that Karol owns my company when he is not even a stock holder on the official documents granted by the servers government instances, just because he owns the things script wise due to how the server functions doesn't make him the owner RP wise.

Outside of that why are we even let onto this server in the first place, its hard to keep up when the scope of realism sometimes extend the real world we live in and try to enact to some extend? Being told what I'm doing with my company is unrealistic by people who knows nothing about that industry in real life, on something that is not even uncommon too get old really quick and just drains ANY motivation to keep fighting for what you're trying to achieve.

I will post staffs reason of denial below. Like I'll leave it up to you to decide if they make sense or no, but from what I read, I get a feeling of, "yes it realistic but it's not realistic". Like what?  All I wanted was to RP a person who lives outside of town, and works in LS.

Their reply:
"Sorry, this appeal will be denied. While it does happen in real life where people live away from the big city to avoid the struggle of living there. But there is a huge downside of the drive to get in and how much it will cost. "

14 minutes ago, Gambler said:

I will post staffs reason of denial below. Like I'll leave it up to you to decide if they make sense or no, but from what I read, I get a feeling of, "yes it realistic but it's not realistic". Like what?  All I wanted was to RP a person who lives outside of town, and works in LS.

Their reply:
"Sorry, this appeal will be denied. While it does happen in real life where people live away from the big city to avoid the struggle of living there. But there is a huge downside of the drive to get in and how much it will cost. "

Just saying people who roleplay in the county get priority over county property would’ve made more sense.

29 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Their reply:

Yeah that doesn't make a whole lot of sense honestly. My Dad used to commute an hour from outside of Atlanta, for the sole reason of living outside the city. Where I live now is on the border of South/North Carolina. You can't imagine the amount of people who live 45 minutes to an hour away from Charlotte simply because it's cheaper to live in South Carolina and they'd rather make the commute. Rush hour coming from Charlotte into South Carolina is insane because of it. It's a very common occurrence, so I'd say that was a really poor denial reason.

11 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Just saying people who roleplay in the county get priority over county property would’ve made more sense.

I could agree with this. Would make more sense for people who role play their characters in the county to have property in the county, rather than in the city.

Edited by Kestalas

There's nothing unrealistic about owning two businesses... there are business owners IRL that have 4-5 businesses and sometimes they have nothing to do with each other. If your backstory fits the roleplay you want to portray, there's nothing wrong with it at all, no matter what anyone says. It's not like that money appeared from no where, obviously you have worked to earn that money, and if properly roleplay and fits the character development, then you have every right to roleplay using all that money if you wish.

8 hours ago, Rumbunctious said:

Huge difference between bartending your own bar and bartending your own bar, minding the counter at your own smoke lounge, serving drinks at your own night club, etc. all in the space of one day.

Not really. A lot of bar owners/restaurant owners or mechanic garage owners work at their own business, it's very common especially if it's the person's only business. It's also very realistic for the owner to rotate positions in their own business from bar tending, to being a waiter, and even being the cleaner, all on the same night.

Don't let anyone tell you what you are or are not allowed to roleplay. As long as it's realistic and fits what you envision from your character, then by all means go for it.

• Developer

I also think it's perfectly normal to own/run/manage several businesses, if you manage to run them just fine, it does happen in real life and is extremely needed in this server due to how underdeveloped scripts really are outside of LEO and criminal stuff on this server.

Let's be honest, from what I've seen and heard, it's almost impossible to run a trucking business without having another source of income as in most cases the business is unable to fund itself due small amount of deliveries available and competition racking up the percentage to ridiculous amounts all the time 90-95%, I'm pretty sure they can afford it only due to some other money injection ways also.

In the case with @Tsarna for example. I don't know about his other businesses but he managed the trucking side perfectly fine.

Edited by GameBurrow
11 hours ago, GameBurrow said:

I also think it's perfectly normal to own/run/manage several businesses, if you manage to run them just fine, it does happen in real life and is extremely needed in this server due to how underdeveloped scripts really are outside of LEO and criminal stuff on this server.

Let's be honest, from what I've seen and heard, it's almost impossible to run a trucking business without having another source of income as in most cases the business is unable to fund itself due small amount of deliveries available and competition racking up the percentage to ridiculous amounts all the time 90-95%, I'm pretty sure they can afford it only due to some other money injection ways also.

In the case with @Tsarna for example. I don't know about his other businesses but he managed the trucking side perfectly fine.

Yes, competition. 

But there's problems in the server when it comes to this. Here it breaks all realism rules, and fucks with my immersion. Now how come is this still happening?

gta-world-camera-2020-4-22-17-39-27.png

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, GameBurrow said:

You're talking about a business established around a server scripted sidejob that generates money in and of itself.

• Developer
5 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

You're talking about a business established around a server scripted sidejob that generates money in and of itself.

Have you actually done that said sidejob for a longer time and seen it work properly? Have you seen how little of the income trucking companies get? Do you know that most of that income every month goes to pay for vehicle insurances? Are you aware that most of the time truck drivers just sit waiting until any shipments come available because there isn't enough shipments available (unless they become the madman, dumping all prober roleplay, that have been showcased in several of the threads in this forum)?

I'm pretty sure the answer to all of those questions is no, you're just thinking it's party and fine.

Edited by GameBurrow