-

xanx

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is too much imo. Contouring on the breasts to make them more defined. Some more shading in other parts of the body. Small details like a hairband. These are good changes.

But a lot of your examples, imo, are too much. Makes the character look completely different. Photoshopped touchups to improve on qualities that GTA 5 is lacking, that's good. But there's a fine line between improving and going too far.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Marksman said:

This is too much imo. Contouring on the breasts to make them more defined. Some more shading in other parts of the body. Small details like a hairband. These are good changes.

But a lot of your examples, imo, are too much. Makes the character look completely different. Photoshopped touchups to improve on qualities that GTA 5 is lacking, that's good. But there's a fine line between improving and going too far.

Playing with different styles and techniques with all these images, I'm never dead set on what I want the final product to be, really just depends on where the image I'm provided with to edit takes me. With my last two posts these characters came out a lot looking like porcelin dolls so I can understand where you are coming from and why it is considered too much. I can agree with the statement that it is "too much" for the character, but in reality I just want to see and push the limits of how much I can alter a character from the base image. I'm happy with producing work that less over-exaggerated to the point it becomes looking cartoon/anime like, just that I never get provided an image with a clear and set out list of instructions.

These images are not necessarily meant to always represent the real character, just having some creative fun. The clothes that some of the characters are wearing is a great influence on how major the changes are gonna be turn out to be. For example with the latest post right above, wearing that sort of gear really has to fit around to the body well which is why I go around and define the chest and hip area otherwise it simply just doesn't look right or work as seen with the base image. A great counter to this is the Hawaiian shirt post, where there are minimal changes to the upper torso with the shrinking of the stomach area to make the shirt fit around the actual body underneath.

Of course there are fine lines, but in all honesty, there is nothing wrong with crossing that line, doesn't hurt anyone considering these are just fictional characters. Everyone looks at beauty and attractiveness in different ways and it's a subjective topic. People go through plastic surgery all the time and turn out looking way worse than they used to before, but if they're happy with it, let them be right?

• Upvote 1
  • xanx changed the title to -
  • effion locked this topic