/vpark delay timer

I don't agree with this suggestion. Especially at the dealerships where sometimes you have to /vp a lot because cars are buggy and they flip, they spawn on top of other and you have tp vp the vehicle below it to be able to get to the one on top. It will just create a lot of bullshit for no reason at all. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, PlayerX said:

isn't it already against the rules to immediately /vp after a police chase? I agree with most of your comment, but with one specific exception. If I have to go somewhere and leave the car for several hours, for example, to go work on an interior for a client, it doesn't take 30 minutes to drive to the house. Often times I find myself staying at the client's house until i'm done working on the interior. I only really have to leave to go to the bank to get more money (because for some reason the furniture system will only take it out of my hand, not the bank) and then immediately go back. If this were implemented, I would have to sit in my car in the client's driveway for 30 minutes before being able to get back to work.

Just like if you were driving anywhere else. You would need to park it somewhere safe and have upgraded security so that it's not broken into. In your case, going to a house to do interior design, there's nothing stopping you from leaving your car in the driveway and going inside for thirty minutes to do your work, then coming back out and /vparking. 

Even then I dont think that it's entirely necessary, but if something is going to be implemented then a location timer would be more convenient for the majority. You would still run into the same issue you described if your suggestion is implemented. 

Edited by RackLine
3 hours ago, RackLine said:

Just like if you were driving anywhere else. You would need to park it somewhere safe and have upgraded security so that it's not broken into. In your case, going to a house to do interior design, there's nothing stopping you from leaving your car in the driveway and going inside for thirty minutes to do your work, then coming back out and /vparking. 

Even then I dont think that it's entirely necessary, but if something is going to be implemented then a location timer would be more convenient for the majority. You would still run into the same issue you described if your suggestion is implemented. 

That is a good point, although I still can't agree with this suggestion in general because of, for example, if i were to drive home one day to swap between my daily and classic car or whatever and end up having to log, it would still force me to wait for 30 minutes. I agree that for most people it would probably be fine, but you have to acknowledge that there are other circumstances that would just make this a big unneeded inconvenience.

1 hour ago, PlayerX said:

That is a good point, although I still can't agree with this suggestion in general because of, for example, if i were to drive home one day to swap between my daily and classic car or whatever and end up having to log, it would still force me to wait for 30 minutes. I agree that for most people it would probably be fine, but you have to acknowledge that there are other circumstances that would just make this a big unneeded inconvenience.

I think the solution to that would be to just leave the vehicle parked. The server insurance covers if its scrapped. Maybe if you own or rent a garage property it would allow vehicles to be despawned after a brief delay (long enough to simulate opening and closing the garage door).

If more vehicles are about, that means the chance of any individual vehicle being taken is lower. And if the car is high value, it'd make sense to have a garage to store it. For apartment complexes that have garages, I'm sure its possible to script a set 'despawn point' for multi-interiors though it would require development support.

A lot of people take /vp for granted as an antitheft tool when they dont have a property that justifies 'storing' their vehicle. In a perfect future it would be removed entirely once vehicle related issues are resolved.

Not supported by me. We should reconsider and start a discussion about this after Rage 1.1 is released and we see how the new synchronization works. Right now the /vpark system solves far more difficulties caused by bugs than how many times it is abused. As soon as every vehicle damage is synchronized properly I would love to see this but currently, I believe we need this system as it is now. 

• mj2002 locked this topic