/vpark delay timer

Hello my lovelies.

I have a simple suggestion. Add a 30-60 minute delay to the ability to /vpark your vehicle. It is often used as an undefeatable security measure (hence people don’t purchase locks, alarms etc), making poor roleplay for the illegal RP to be able to steal cars.

Flip the coin, a criminal could commit a crime, flee the scene before PD arrive, /vpark their car so it is not found and then go to ground. This of course would be fine if they had a garage or the likes to store it in, but many do it just outside their house and spawn a new one to cycle through cars. Therefore, poor RP for the Legal boys too.

My suggestion is this; make it so that you can /vpark and a 30-60 minute timer starts. If you interact with the vehicle, such as /vdoor, /trunk, /hood or get inside of it, it cancels the timer. This of course requires the vehicle to be unlocked, meaning you don’t have generic male having a blast running up and down parking garages, stopping vpark timers.

This is think is a more than suitable middle ground that encourages investing in security and creates RP for the legal and illegal RPer as well. Discuss!

2 hours ago, DarkAce said:

I would love for vehicles to never despawn, but that would cause lag.

Recently, the server was kept online for more than 24 hours and cars were stacked everywhere, but no lag was existent, so maybe they should reconsider this suggestion at least with the new infrastructure and also that Ragemp 1.1 is on our doorsteps. I'm not a fan of having vehicles spawned at all times because realistically you would be there if your vehicle is getting stolen.

@SpartanofSpartaI do like your suggestion but 30 minutes is a long time and some people who are not engaged in any RP situation would want to despawn their car before they leave and they wouldn't be able to. So what I'm suggesting is to minimze the timer to 10 minutes, and also to be able to do /vpark whenever which will trigger a 10 minute timer to automatically despawn the cars even after you disconnect. 

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 1

I still see occasional desync that can fuck up a car. Until it's completely fixed, I'd rather not see a timer or removal of /vpark as it's only gonna cause problems. Once all the desync issues are gone, with RageMP 1.1 (hopefully, been years) coming around the corner, then maybe. But for now, no.

• Upvote 1

You make a good point about players being able to /v park following a chase which limits the RP for PD/SD, but the issue I see with this is that for the majority of players that don't abuse the command it's just going to cause too much inconvenience. Players get to the end of their day in game and want to /vpark and log off, but this forces them to have to AFK for 30 minutes before they can log off. That's other than the lag issues it may cause.

I would however support a timer between the time you can change your /vpark location since this would cause less of an inconvenience for legitimate players while still countering abuse. 

• Upvote 1
On 4/18/2020 at 1:06 PM, RackLine said:

You make a good point about players being able to /v park following a chase which limits the RP for PD/SD, but the issue I see with this is that for the majority of players that don't abuse the command it's just going to cause too much inconvenience. Players get to the end of their day in game and want to /vpark and log off, but this forces them to have to AFK for 30 minutes before they can log off. That's other than the lag issues it may cause.

I would however support a timer between the time you can change your /vpark location since this would cause less of an inconvenience for legitimate players while still countering abuse. 

isn't it already against the rules to immediately /vp after a police chase? I agree with most of your comment, but with one specific exception. If I have to go somewhere and leave the car for several hours, for example, to go work on an interior for a client, it doesn't take 30 minutes to drive to the house. Often times I find myself staying at the client's house until i'm done working on the interior. I only really have to leave to go to the bank to get more money (because for some reason the furniture system will only take it out of my hand, not the bank) and then immediately go back. If this were implemented, I would have to sit in my car in the client's driveway for 30 minutes before being able to get back to work.

• mj2002 locked this topic