Update the Driver's License Test Script / Driving Rules

MasterChief

5 hours ago, joaoivis said:

I'm afraid the script can't recognize if the signal is red or green at all the intersections since they are natural spawned props on the game. I don't know, if anyone know more about scripting on gtaw can explain this better but I'm afraid this is not possible with GTA V engine.

Well then remove the penalty completely and rely on people to stop on their own. There’s already a script limiter of going too fast through the red beacons, so if they don’t stop and drive like a mad man they should be able to be reported OOC’ly and punished IC’ly (ticket, fine, etc) as it’s poor RP considering they are on a drivers test. They should be driving accordingly as if they were on a real test. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

This is not something small. This is very important. As a cop, I've seen a lot of people unaware of thr traffic laws and I was too before I properly read the penal code. +1

Totally agree. I was just saying that in regards to it not being a huge update for anyone, more so of an after thought that was never fixed.

43 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Then keep the test for first characters only. People new to the server do not know the penal code.

I can agree with this as well. If this is the case, there should be more of a vocal announcement either OOC/IC or both if specific driving laws change to affect the server. Only for the sole reason that most people don’t read the penal code, let alone the changelog to even be aware something changed.

Edited by Kestalas

If you have fourty hours on the server, then one should not be obligated to complete the test. If you possess under fourty hours on the server, regardless of the amount of characters that you have, then you should be forced to complete the test.

I don't mind the way the test is at the moment because it still requires the driver to slow down at intersections and follow the speed limit, which gives the licensee an idea of how they're required to drive. 

I do support updating the instructions though to inform players that they can proceed if the light is green and whatever other important parts of the penal code they might need to know.

11 hours ago, RackLine said:

I don't mind the way the test is at the moment because it still requires the driver to slow down at intersections and follow the speed limit, which gives the licensee an idea of how they're required to drive. 

I do support updating the instructions though to inform players that they can proceed if the light is green and whatever other important parts of the penal code they might need to know.

It could go either way for me in terms of updating the actual script for the stop and go part, but they need to update the script for the adjusted speed limits for sure. All the text instructions need updating in the initial sentences before you even start the vehicle. Definitely outdated lol.

Edited by Kestalas

Bumping this. Ran into someone yesterday who still thought the speed limits were 50 and 75 as described in the current test. They also still thought you had to stop at every intersection. We almost had an IC accident at a green light lol. Yes, I understand they can go read the penal code but this should be fixed and the test reflected current penal code laws. There’s no real reason against it, I don’t think.

Edited by Chief
  • mj2002 locked this topic