Automatically assign taxi calls to drivers

Fernando

2 hours ago, St3fan[NL] said:

No, many people AFK in game, if a taxi driver afks and they get a job assigned the player can wait for minutes. The taxi job needs rewriting and a better system than the quick accept stuff.

@zaXer. 

If you actually read the main post I explain how there's a timer that gives the player a chance to take/decline the call.

If they're AFK no problem, just skips onto the next driver and puts the AFK driver off-duty.

I put some effort in the thread it'd be nice if you actually payed attention lol

Edited by Fernando
Just now, Fernando said:

@zaXer. 

If you actually read the main post I explain how there's a timer that gives the player a chance to take/decline the call.

If they're AFK no problem, just skips onto the next driver and puts the AFK driver off-duty.

I put some effort in the thread it'd be nice if you actually payed attention lol

Exactly, some sort of an off/on-duty system should be implemented, and specific taxi-meter price ranges should be set. I rarely use taxis but the one time I used it last week a taxi driver was charging me $1000 for a 3-minute ride, completely unrealistic and creates useless arguments that you'll never see in real life. The system that is suggested here would improve the taxi system, enhance realism and with a fair and realistic pricing system on top of that you've solved the whole thing.