What are the most useful animations on GTAW?

Doakes

2 hours ago, Subeh said:

Why not make it so people can set what's in the wheel and what isn't themselves? A command that lets them set a certain animation to a certain slot in the wheel.

This is possibly the best option. Not everyone uses the same animations.

Okay, thank you all for your input so far.

A lot of you have suggested making this wheel customizable, and so we it will be ? 

I consulted with the dev team on how to do this right, so that it'll be easy to integrate into the existing game-mode.

However, we would still love to hear your "top 10 animations" to help us figure out the default wheel.

This is a great concept. It definitely has to be editable because each player has their own individual set of commonly used animations. Players need to have the ability to set specific animations into categories, that would give it more depth. For example, you're able to add up to 5 animations per category and the categories can just be whatever you set for it (idle, smoking, drinking, etc).

Just a few off the top of my head:

/anim point

/anim lean

/anim sitchair36

/anim smoke3

/anim smoke4

/anim crossarms1

/anim beerhold

/anim crouch

Thanks for this.

• Upvote 1
On 4/15/2020 at 12:09 AM, Doakes said:

That was the original intention, but unfortunately it'll be very hard to create icons for all animations. That's why I need a set of up to 40~ animations, then I'll manually sit down and create icons for each one of them

EDIT: I'm looking into the possibility of generating icons for animations automatically, in which case the feature will be customizable and this discussion will become redundant --- but lets keep it going for now

First of all, GREAT idea. But I'd really love to see this being customizable so that anyone can put their most-used animations. And about the icons, it doesn't have to be icons, you could just have numbers and since each player manually customizes the wheel, he'll know which number is which.

As a LEO, I'd say I use these most of the time:

beltgrab

checkbody1

point

whistle1

aim2

thumbsup

malecrossedarms1

crouched

sitchair

medicalbag

• Upvote 1

As for 10 default animations, I think they should be very basic emotes that most people would use (especially since they'll be tailored towards new players).

I'd say these:

/anim sit

/anim sitground

/anim lean

/anim liedown1

/anim point

/anim checkbody1

/anim leanrail

/anim standbar

/anim beerhold

/anim partydance

• Upvote 1