New vehicle roll out suggestion.

Trupiano

Short description:   Only allow a limited number of each new vehicle during their initial release and limit them to player run dealerships for 1-3 months.

Detailed description: Simply put, it is hard to argue that any vehicle shouldn't be allowed on the server. Most of the arguments against rely heavily on a notion that that people won't RP new and luxurious cars correctly, something I have been rather vocal about in the past. But change is inevitable and a middle ground needs to be found. I believe one of the biggest fears in my side's eyes is that the server will be over run with the "New car of the month", a situation where people will buy a car not because it makes sense for their characters but because it is new and cool.

This mindset however, is inevitable. But it doesn't mean we have to be so strict about what cars we add and when we add them. What I am suggesting is that when a new car is introduced to the server it is introduced in a limited number and only offered through player run dealerships. This suggestion accomplishes two things in my eyes:

1.  By limiting the initial supply of each vehicle for it's first few months on the server, We create the scarcity that most vehicles have during their first few months on sale IRL. By the time a month or two goes by either new vehicles will have come along and become "The new cool thing" or people who aren't REALLY interested in the car might find something else.
  2. By offering these vehicles through dealerships only it creates a TON of RP for these dealerships, something I think everyone can agree on is a positive. These dealerships would get a limited supply of 10-15 "new" cars a month for however long staff believe a car should remain in scarcity before these cars are added to one of the NPC dealerships.

Commands to add:  N/A

Items to add: New cars

How would your suggestion improve the server?  Creates roleplay and provides a middle ground that I think everyone can agree on.

Additional information: I understand that some people in the servers car community and I don't see eye to eye, I know I'm not very well liked. I'm trying to find a middle ground here, something that makes us ALL happy. I've set a lot of my personal beliefs aside to extend an olive branch of sorts, a suggestion I think we can all be happy with. Please give your honest opinion on the suggestion. Regardless of any personal beef you might have with me.

• Upvote 2

I like this idea, kind of like pre-ordering the vehicle before it comes out, and eventually it makes its way into the market after time. I do agree with seeing way too many exotics around, it is so easy for a new player to get a ~200k car in 4 days.

I like your idea. It'd feel like whenever a new car is coming out in real life. For example with the Corvette C8 or with the MK5 Supra. Only a few people would have it because they pre-ordered it/paid over the MSRP. I think that dealerships should have little cars so we can get their economy rolling and put them in the front row. I think that introducing the same system would be nice. Paying over the real price to really have the car before anyone.

Support.

Honestly, this suggestion is well put together and I'd love to see it happen. My main concern with this would be, stupid rich characters that mined their way to wealth would pick a car up and then the monopoly's in their hands. They'd buy the car introduced and then try selling it for a stupid high price cause it's "a rare car". This would fuck with the economy a little I think. Other than that, It's a great suggestion.

Edited by JustAnM43
  • Applaud 1

Nah, this is no different to an auction, just slightly more.

And auctions suck for one simple reason. Making a vehicle limited will automatically increase its value beyod what it should be. An artificial gain. Why should players be punished when all they want is a new sedan or a new truck? No, no. no.

Well thought out & I see where you were going with this suggestion, but I don't feel cars released in GTAW by the developers should be limited whatsoever. Especially when they release a batch of 2-3 cars that may be considered average by all standards. You're essentially punishing those who may be new on the server or role playing someone who would only purchase a low-middle class vehicle. They might not get the chance to buy what one could consider a semi-average car for a month or two because of limited supply? Eh. I'd have to disagree with that one.

9 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

Honestly, this suggestion is well put together and I'd love to see it happen. My main concern with this would be, stupid rich characters that mined their way to wealth would pick a car up and then the monopoly's in their hands. They'd buy the car introduced and then try selling it for a stupid high price cause it's "a rare car". This would fuck with the economy a little I think. Other than that, It's a great suggestion.

This can tie into my point as well.

Edited by Kestalas
9 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

This.
If there are any cars that should be more ‚‚exclusive'' just use already existing Pitch auction system.

While it's a nice idea, it'll turn out horrible ingame.

It'll be a huge race after a restart to reach the dealerships selling it, players will complain all day on forums that dealership owners gave it to their OOC friends, others will sell them for millions.. 

I'll lock this as it's not planned to limit new cars' supplies for now.

• Upvote 1