Remove CK messages [G]

23 hours ago, Memozzy said:

Might break someone's little heart but I don't care for the death of X, Y or Z.  I've seen more than enough of /b's after a CK message pops up that fills up my screen even more with unneeded crap. 

/b OMMMGGGG 

/B LMAOOOOO

/b RIP RIP RIP

/b ? ? 

Removing the clutter is a quality of life improvement for me. 

Exactly.

I've experienced this myself, people going OOC like it's the end of the world because of some CK.

Characters will always come and go. When it's time to go, you're off, it's a character.  This is roleplay, and the message system isn't doing any favor to contribute to the roleplay and immersion.

On 4/14/2020 at 2:51 PM, Peak. said:

I agree - It does encourage meta game and is a pointless thing for the majority of players to see. Unless it was RPly given via News bulletin via the radio or other IC means then everyone should not know about it.

On the other hand it is good to congratulate the player on ending their character development if you personally have been following their story. all in all agree with the suggestion.

Great idea, it'll give weazel news something to do, the PD can give them info about who has died for them to report it.  Also it would take longer to find out about characters whose deaths were hidden through disposal of the body. And it could mean for there to be an Agency or group that tracks down player's spending/taxes, and if they see a long empty gap from someone they might want to pass it on to the police to begin an investigation to see if that character is killed (or something among those lines). Just a random idea, I think the whole news thing could definitely add a lot of possibilities.

Edited by insaned

I agree to this. Reduces metagame, and increases the roleplay of having to find out what happened to someone. You haven't heard from someone in a while? It becomes more of roleplay scenario. 

Also stops people jumping in /f and /b and saying 'RIP'; especially when it's a character everyone seems to know except yourself. 

• MomoIsHere changed the title to Remove CK messages [G]
  • mj2002 locked this topic