Remove CK messages [G]

IDK who yall been RPing with but I've never seen someone MG a CK.

10 minutes ago, joshua said:

i personally think it's nice to gauge if someone's disappearance can be icly justified. if someone runs into ooc issues and can't come on/respond, you're not gonna say anything IC because you know their char is icly still around, npc'ing doing things, but the player can't get on to play rn. if they're CKd, it means their disappearance is ICly justified, and you can rp as that character is no longer around, no longer responding. people go fully inactive and no one assumes they're dead because they take the disappearance as an OOC thing. so, really, it'd be VERY easy for criminals to get away with murderous CKs because most likely, no one would know they're ACTUALLY dead and thus can rp that the person is no longer around them.

and as for the metagaming allegations, deal with those in a report, whining in a thread that it's being MGd is pretty redundant if you're not actively reporting when you see it or have evidence of it....

E: and as for the gigi manners situation, the entire drama was actually caused because she hadn't got into contact with anyone for i believe it was around 6 days? then it was revealed to someone that they had ****done something**** and it spread from there. considering someone that had info about what happened let it slip to MY character, you're not really telling the whole story are you?

This says it all.

If my friend is missing in real life and she isn't answering her phone for over a day, im gonna assume something happened (kidnapping/murder). Just because their assumption was right in the case of this Gigi person doesn't mean anything was MGed lol, it means they caught on pretty quick that somethiong happened to their friend and they were tryna find her.

Just now, El Ghetto Man said:

IIf my friend is missing in real life and she isn't answering her phone for over a day, im gonna assume something happened (kidnapping/murder). Just because their assumption was right in the case of this Gigi person doesn't mean anything was MGed lol, it means they caught on pretty quick that somethiong happened to their friend and they were tryna find her.

i agree. if a friend of mine just stopped replying for a day, i'm GONNA be wondering what's up, i'm gonna be messaging mutual friends to ask if they've heard from them, and if they're completely radio silent, ask their parents if i have contact with them (which i will, facebook unite).

sooo.. it makes sense, PLUS it took around FIVE DAYS iirc for suspicions to raise, not one, and that was spurred on by a BUUUNCH of ic drama and rumours stemming from the murderers' associates themselves. (i cant say much, it'd still probably get someone in shit if it got MGd lol)

• Upvote 2

I don't think the CK messages are needed either. I feel like it tends to metagame as well. Just because I don't see a friend of mine in over weeks, doesn't mean I assume they are dead. Previous examples have shown that people tend to assume they are dead. We have plenty of people in our faction, who just don't show up, perhaps even out of lack of motivation to play and the last thing anyone would assume that they have been murdered.

Either remove it or make it togable. The more clutter I can remove the happier I am.

Might break someone's little heart but I don't care for the death of X, Y or Z.  I've seen more than enough of /b's after a CK message pops up that fills up my screen even more with unneeded crap. 

/b OMMMGGGG 

/B LMAOOOOO

/b RIP RIP RIP

/b ? ? 

Removing the clutter is a quality of life improvement for me. 

• MomoIsHere changed the title to Remove CK messages [G]
  • mj2002 locked this topic