Remove CK messages [G]

Short description: Remove the global CK messages

Detailed description: Remove the IG CK messages when someone gets character killed.

Commands to add:  N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? The global CK message leads to a lot of metagame, intentional or unintentional. The Gigi Manners situation from many months ago is one example, she didn't answer her phone for like a day and due people OOCly knowing that she was CKed they posted on FaceBrowser about how they thought she was missing and most likely killed, I myself see no benefit to the global CK message. It breaks immersion as well, when you know someone you find out OOC that someone you're RPing with has been CKed, it ruins the fun that comes from discovering it yourself.

Additional information:

• Upvote 4

While I understand that the message is there, I'm inclined to agree with you. I think their purpose is to make sure people are aware of CK's during certain situations (faction wars perhaps?), but if that is the reason, then it should be equal and the server should be informed about all namechanges on the server.

Since that would obviously lead to clutter that we don't need, we might be a lot better off without any of these OOC messages. There is a reason that arrest notifications etc aren't public on this RP server either.

I'm 50/50 on this as of now.

Keeping CK Messages - I feel like seeing CK messages can encourage people to be okayish when their character dies sooner or later. It shows that it happens everywhere; to strangers and people you know which OOC leaves you wondering what could've happened and what the reason behind it was, simply leaving a lot of room for imagination which I personally find very interesting. A person has been CK'd that my character only had very positive interactions with? Was my character played? Did they hide something? Was it an accident? Additionally, I believe it affects how badly people cling to their character, their assets, and connections.

Removing CK Messages - I can definitely see where others are coming from when they want this removed as I have personally witnessed people "randomly" thinking about a CK'd person and tried to contact them after gaining OOC knowledge of said CK or even more minor things.

I tend to be against removing it as I believe it shows server progression without you directly having to be involved but seeing that people had even more MG situations than I thought I get pulled back to the 50/50. Overall, I wouldn't mind either and just wanted to give my opinion on this.

I agree - It does encourage meta game and is a pointless thing for the majority of players to see. Unless it was RPly given via News bulletin via the radio or other IC means then everyone should not know about it.

On the other hand it is good to congratulate the player on ending their character development if you personally have been following their story. all in all agree with the suggestion.

• Upvote 1
  • MomoIsHere changed the title to Remove CK messages [G]
  • mj2002 locked this topic