Rework the script with regards to stolen vehicles

Paris

5 minutes ago, goddessoflife said:

I can understand where you are coming from. However if we look at a realistic aspect, only the police can note a vehicle plate as actually stolen. A civilian can only report it. 

Why does this warrant development time and an automatic system though 

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

Why does this warrant development time and an automatic system though 

All I stated was restrict the command to Leo's only so we can do the reports. To avoid abuse and have the ability to properly investigate it as stated by a few posts earlier. Because it's a command that's being abused. 

And why would it not? It would improve roleplay and pd interaction with civilians. 

Edited by goddessoflife
Just now, goddessoflife said:

All I stated was restrict the command to Leo's only so we can do the reports. To avoid abuse and have the ability to properly investigate it as stated by a few posts earlier. Because it's a command that's being abused. 

And why would it not? It would improve roleplay and pd interaction with civilians. 

Because I personally don’t understand why you need a command to report a car stolen. What happened to just going to a cop and reporting it, and having him file the report so it can be processed accordingly. Why does everything require a script?

Just now, eTaylor said:

Because I personally don’t understand why you need a command to report a car stolen. What happened to just going to a cop and reporting it, and having him file the report so it can be processed accordingly. Why does everything require a script?

I think you misunderstand. There already is a /reportstolen command. That doesn't require any interaction at all with pd. That's the entire issue and why it needs to be reworked. 

Just now, goddessoflife said:

I think you misunderstand. There already is a /reportstolen command. That doesn't require any interaction at all with pd. That's the entire issue and why it needs to be reworked. 

I know, and it’s a stupid command in my opinion that shouldn’t be replaced by another automated system.

1 hour ago, Westen said:

I agree that the system as it stands could do with tweaking. People can /reportstolen, turn off their phone to avoid any form of contact from the police, and use it as a defence when they're arrested for evading. This would not, and should not be the case in a more substantive system. Realistically, the opportunity for the dispatcher to ask questions would be there - when was it last seen, where, etc etc. With the ability for a person to report their car stolen without any law enforcement interaction, you hinder the ability for the cops to actually investigate these incidents.

I would like to see a bit more discussion relating to how exactly it should be changed first though.

Direct people to 991 for reports on stolen vehicles, and have a LEO officer mark it in the system as stolen. This still leaves an opportunity for characters to try and trick the police, but it won't be so easy at it is now.

34 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I know, and it’s a stupid command in my opinion that shouldn’t be replaced by another automated system.

It's so PD can view all of the stolen vehicles with another command. Whether its a command or an entry into the MDC, its no different. 

• mj2002 locked this topic