Automated Licence Plate Recognition (ALPR)

Bradley

This pretty self explanatory, basically another server has this and I am sure this can be useful and tweaked to be as not overpowered. In the image below you can see someone was driving past him, and it picked up the vehicle model, plate, and speed. Needless to say it could be toggled on and off by law enforcement with a command such as; /alpr or whatever you want to call it.

sheriffeli-NC6i_SRmGfRPJl7M-O2OwA.jpg

Edited by Bradley

I like it, unsure about showing if they're wanted or not, seems it would be really overpowered and would remove the elements of BOLO's, people would be parking on street corners and just waiting for a felon to drive past and be notified, that's my take on it, of course though, it could be nerfed a little.

However, if we add the ability to remove your plates, this would be awesome.

2 hours ago, Justus said:

I like it, unsure about showing if they're wanted or not, seems it would be really overpowered and would remove the elements of BOLO's, people would be parking on street corners and just waiting for a felon to drive past and be notified, that's my take on it, of course though, it could be nerfed a little.

However, if we add the ability to remove your plates, this would be awesome.

It doesn't show you if they're wanted or not. It can be tweaked to not be as over-powered and balanced to fit the roleplay a bit more.

10 hours ago, iFlyKid said:

I'd support this although at first with a low player base I think it'll be a little overpowered. Maybe this can be looked into when we reach a favorable player base? 

I agree with this. If we have a small amount of players, everyone will be huddled together. PD can just go around scanning after scanning lol. 

What has been said above is true. Most commonly Traffic Divisions only deploy this kind of equipment as indeed, it does cost a lot of money to buy and maintain such systems.

It's a great piece of equipment as it basically runs every license plate and automatically scans it on certain kind of factors: Vehicle stolen or not, open warrant on the owner, registered tags, etc. Regular cruisers are not outfitted with these systems as it would be costing way too much.

It would be indeed cool to see this implemented and perhaps only made available to the LSPD's Traffic Division which deploys them on some of their vehicles. However, tweaks should be made. In regards to the stolen vehicle mark, let someone go down the station and make a report for it and then the officer will process it in the system and add the mark to it instead of having someone call 911: My car is stolen, this is the license plate, go find it. That would be way too simple and would turn out in an OP system.

In regards to the BOLO argument. You'd need to be sure on what kind of vehicle you place such a tag. If a white sedan drove away from you, you can't simply put that tag on all of the white sedans. You need to know the license plate so it is confirmed that that is the actual vehicle. 

• Rukka locked this topic