How to enjoy GTA world?

Curty

Like many said before, joining a faction is a start to find what you like, you also get to rp with others quite easy and I am sure they will also give you advice and what not. Do research on what you want to rp and go with full speed. Another thing is, don't let other people demotivate you from rping something, if YOU enjoy it, keep on doing it and don't take this game too serious because that can also ruin the fun for rping. In the end we're all here to have fun.

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty much going to echo a lot of people here but the key really is, what are you interested in?  Racing, working on cars, law enforcement, organized crime? There are a lot of things you can do on the server. That said there are also limitations such as time zones, already established factions, game mechanics etc so sometimes it takes a bit of reading the forums and networking IG to really get a feel for what your viable options are.

Personally I would also advise you to decide what kind of roleplayer you are. Some people roleplay a character similar to themselves and do things they can't do IRL. Some people enjoy creating storylines, all different kinds of characters and being very immersed in the development. What are you looking for? Do you want to just meet people and play a game socially? Are you here for serious immersion? It's a heavy rp server but I feel that the level of "seriousness" varies from player to player and between factions so keep that in mind as well.

Don't get discouraged. Because people can have varying approaches and opinions on what rp is and how to do it properly you might find some groups more willing to bring you in ICLY/OOCLY than others are. The server really is just trial and error but at the end of the day, it's all development and there are always people around for chance encounters!

On 4/9/2020 at 2:54 AM, an said:

i mean, normal ppl are in factions doing shit they can't irl. but most mallrats do 2000 hours of trucking job, buy a sports car, drive around aimlessly and posting super HQ photos on FB every 20 hrs.

that sounds fun, i should try it

• 4 weeks later...

- Versatility within reason, constantly adapting to any trends or cliques that oversaturate your character’s daily life.

- Adopting more flaws that affect your character’s life, whether it’s only negative or if it has a plus side like paranoia increasing alertness.

- Disconnect from most OOC communication or attachment with other characters and your assets.

That’s how I get to enjoy returning to GTAW.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:38 PM, Law said:

- Disconnect from most OOC communication or attachment with other characters and your assets.

This is one of the truest things I have seen. If you keep all interactions with other characters strictly IC and avoid any kind of OOC communication with the actual player, your whole experience will be a lot more interesting and unique.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Rozi said:

This is one of the truest things I have seen. If you keep all interactions with other characters strictly IC and avoid any kind of OOC communication with the actual player, your whole experience will be a lot more interesting and unique.

I have to second this. For some strange reason, a lot of IC goes OOC. And it's weird. Mostly it's IC relationships that gain some form of OOC aspect, but in most cases it's something as mundane as being reachable OOC and feeling inclined to log in for another person because they messaged you on discord.