How to enjoy GTA world?

Curty

Hi there. I was wondering what I could do to become interested in this server. I played here around 3 months ago for a short period of time (probably two-three weeks) but I didn't find it enjoyable. I'm planning on returning shortly and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get an enjoyable experience out of this server.

Hey, 

The truth behind RPing is basically doing things that you dream of or can't be (such as being a criminal, running some sort of business or doing whatever you're passionate about). I say this because there's no reason for someone to RP a character that doesn't make him good vibes or IDK how you want to call it. This doesn't mean you won't achieve these things in real life at all, but it gives you a nice feeling when you run a business or if you're doing some sort of criminal RP that you find interesting and cool. Some people in this server run after money like they probably do in real life (That's my perspective) and if that's what makes you feel good then you should go for it too. I truly suggest you find something that interesting you, something like a criminal life, FD, PD, business manager or whatever you want and you think or sure you can't do in real life.

1 hour ago, Curty said:

Hi there. I was wondering what I could do to become interested in this server. I played here around 3 months ago for a short period of time (probably two-three weeks) but I didn't find it enjoyable. I'm planning on returning shortly and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get an enjoyable experience out of this server.

Sounds like you're the reason for not being interested or not understanding, the question to be asked is why are YOU not interested in playing the server? After that you can figure out how to enjoy what you do not like.

• Upvote 1

i mean, normal ppl are in factions doing shit they can't irl. but most mallrats do 2000 hours of trucking job, buy a sports car, drive around aimlessly and posting super HQ photos on FB every 20 hrs.

Edited by an
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Find something you would enjoy roleplaying. Do a bit of research, get into it. You'll eventually find yourself being surrounded in roleplay.

Of course, it's a two-way street and you need to put in effort as well. I'm not saying go out of your way, but spend some more time interacting with people than you usually would. Open businesses are great to set you up with some IC acquaintances or friends. From there? Roll with the flow.

Depends on what you enjoy but the general advice I can give is try something a little out of your comfort zone, play a character that's not a typical styled one you'd see on the server.

Good example I can think of is playing a proper homeless character and working you way up from there, it's what I did and provided a way more "hooking" experience than playing a more run of the mill type character.

• Upvote 1

Don't be afraid to interact with other people, as long as you approach them the right way. Some will still tell you to fuck off while others might potentially be in the same situation as you which means they'll be more receptive to your attempts to roleplay with them. It's harder to find your purpose here, as well as what you like and don't, if you simply go out there by yourself and do it alone.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

Find something you would enjoy roleplaying. Do a bit of research, get into it. You'll eventually find yourself being surrounded in roleplay.

Of course, it's a two-way street and you need to put in effort as well. I'm not saying go out of your way, but spend some more time interacting with people than you usually would. Open businesses are great to set you up with some IC acquaintances or friends. From there? Roll with the flow.

This basically