What would you like to see? (27/SEP/2017)

ObZen

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess you will be able to go to IA of the police and then to court, unless, there'll be a system which allows you to see a judge if one is avalable at that time in-game and he'll review your case and decide whether you are going to jail or not. There should be a rule that would allow players to see a judge before they charge him and arrest him if the player is able to contact a judge by himself and get him in-game.

Edited by Dopli
2 hours ago, Dopli said:

Well, I guess you will be able to go to IA of the police and then to court, unless, there'll be a system which allows you to see a judge if one is avalable at that time in-game and he'll review your case and decide whether you are going to jail or not. There should be a rule that would allow players to see a judge before they charge him and arrest him if the player is able to contact a judge by himself and get him in-game.

The problem with this is that every players are going to deny their charges and slow down the arrest process as long as they can. We need to find a good balance here.

4 hours ago, Nervous said:

The problem with this is that every players are going to deny their charges and slow down the arrest process as long as they can. We need to find a good balance here.

What about if this is applicable for major crimes only, things that lets say took time to investigate and such. Not your standard GTA or street shooting. Crimes that were RP'd as part of some illegal factions, caught and must go through the judge. It means only people who are serious get to experience this, whilst the riff raff don't.

18 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

What about if this is applicable for major crimes only, things that lets say took time to investigate and such. Not your standard GTA or street shooting. Crimes that were RP'd as part of some illegal factions, caught and must go through the judge. It means only people who are serious get to experience this, whilst the riff raff don't.

They should be able to appeal sentences however trying to see a judge before imprisonment would be a challenge unless done via forums. Perhaps having the LSPD present their evidence to the court before imprisonment may work, however it would then mean the court would need a jury to say guilty or not guilty unless you're letting a judge decide that themselves.

1 minute ago, Rukka said:

They should be able to appeal sentences however trying to see a judge before imprisonment would be a challenge unless done via forums. Perhaps having the LSPD present their evidence to the court before imprisonment may work, however it would then mean the court would need a jury to say guilty or not guilty unless you're letting a judge decide that themselves.

I'm saying once arrested you can appeal it via IA. But if its a major crime or a faction-wide investigation then they should be tried by a judge and jury. It wouldn't be feasible to offer that to everyone because there just wouldn't be enough players early on to justify that. But for factions who like rp murderous or committing an assload of crimes then they'd get the full RP experience of being stood before a judge if you get me.

One thing I'd like to see from Government is more RP in game and less forum work, make forum work involvement as minimal as possible and provide more RP for the faction members, ways for them to interact with the public.

I spent hours back in another community doing nothing but forum work while in a perfect world I would have been RPing instead.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:44 AM, Adams said:

What are the chances people will be allowed to request a review/challenge an arrest by the police, at the court?

Like we spoke about, it's all about the judge and lawyer manning. Unless we pump our numbers up, probably not feasible. 

hero_WolfOfWallStreet-2013-1.jpg

On 9/27/2017 at 4:43 AM, Nervous said:

My idea is to have crimes witnessed by a LEO get handled right away, while casefiles (whether it be a single 'who did this murder?' case to RICO) are presented to the court and a judge decides guilt or innocence. I don't have much in depth at this time, but I probably will once the other two branches are settled in. 

On 9/30/2017 at 11:17 PM, JoeWarner said:

One thing I'd like to see from Government is more RP in game and less forum work, make forum work involvement as minimal as possible and provide more RP for the faction members, ways for them to interact with the public.

I spent hours back in another community doing nothing but forum work while in a perfect world I would have been RPing instead.

Everyone I've talked to wants court cases to be IG. I'm totally for it. I think if all involved can be IG at a certain time, they should be able to do the trial there. If not, it would probably have to go through the forum for time's sake. If IG trials become more commonplace than forums, I have no doubt we could even get a dedicated courthouse where these can take place too.

Edited by ObZen