Car modifications

Goonster.

So, it's quite obvious to have a price for a part of a vehicle while you are modifying it at the Los Santos Customs. However, I'm a bit baffled by the fact that it costs the same price to install a stock part to a car. For example - You bought a car off a player and it was modified to all hell and you didn't want that and instead wished it was.. simplistic and stock. Or you just have a car which you modified yourself and didn't want it to look like that anymore. For example, simply changing the wheels of a car back to original from any sort of modified wheels will cost you the equivalent of aftermarket wheels, which is a bit silly and quite expensive considering a hell of a lot of people like to keep their stock rims at home after changing them at a garage in real life. I recommend simply lowering the cost of stock parts for the vehicles which would simply be more of an installation cost rather than a full price for a new part.

Additionally -
It's quite silly that you have to buy a new car in BLACK.. you can't choose a color when you're buying a new one, which is a bit annoying and again costing people money where it shouldn't necessarily do so. I mean, yeah of course keep the costs of changing a cars color at Los Santos customs but it really should be an optional thing to choose while buying a car at a dealership. I doubt that adding on a choice to change the color of the vehicle while in the shop menu would be difficult at all.

What'cha think?

It should keep your stock items or upgrades you've already bought in some kind of 'inventory' so it'd be free or cheaper than buying it again to pay for let's say the work needed to fit them again by an NPC's work. Also I agree, you should be able to choose a color when buying a new car, you don't just buy a black car newly from a dealership irl either, you set it up to your likings so I fully support this.

I agree. It's not like you get rid of the stock parts. Not like you're doing a core charge.  It'd definitely cost nothing to take a spoiler on or off. There could maybe just be a small fee just to replicate labor cost to take it off.

For vehicle colors. I agree. If anything, they should be white by default. White's the standard color.  I think you should have to choose between a few standard colors (White, black, red, blue, silver, etc)  if you buy it new. If you don't want any of those you should have to get it done custom. 

Edited by Orcaninja
On 11/12/2017 at 3:59 PM, Orcaninja said:

I agree. It's not like you get rid of the stock parts. Not like you're doing a core charge.  It'd definitely cost nothing to take a spoiler on or off. There could maybe just be a small fee just to replicate labor cost to take it off.

For vehicle colors. I agree. If anything, they should be white by default. White's the standard color.  I think you should have to choose between a few standard colors (White, black, red, blue, silver, etc)  if you buy it new. If you don't want any of those you should have to get it done custom. 

Black is the color I get when I order new parts stock. However, I agree that giving cars a color option or making them default to white would be a good decision for a few reasons (PD response, differing between shady vehicles and people who are cheap or lazy, etc). Also, cars with default livery usually look worse when defaulted to black.

I'd like to see parts you already owned or the bare minimum going back to stock be at a reduced price, so I'll forward this.

• Wisci locked this topic