Your Fire Department

Truffle

So... Even though it's a single person MVA, most of the times details are not really enough. Usually, a single Engine Company and an RA(Rescue Ambulance) responds to MVA's, or, probably the thing you're wondering about, a full Light Force or a Task Force. Currently we have USAR Task Force 3, stationed at Station 3, in Davis, and Light Force 7, station at Station 7, El Burro Heights. 

Even in IRL, Light Forces or Task Forces get dispatched to single MVA calls or things alike so the whole group is kept together.

These videos are just some examples, the most prime reason of your question is staffing, sometimes a single RA crew is not enough on an MVA scene, therefore more hands are required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc3VcRCk2S0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lyNfpRw_YU

@tomatoz hope it answers your question!

• Upvote 1

To be honest, as a former FD member, you often don't know they whole scope of what you're going to find there until you get there, so it's usually better to be safe than sorry. For a single MVA you'll need a fire engine first to close off the scene and park defensively, securing everyone involved, and also to potentially cut people free with more specialized tools that an ambulance simply can't carry, or to control things like spills, fires etc.

There are definite cases where this is overkill. Having been in FD, I have seen both sides of this.

This got linked to me a while ago, I'll use it again:

https://streamable.com/br80ex

This is for a single victim that got run over by a car.

There are other times however where it is a miscommunication - for example, there was once a scene at Little Seoul LTD where a kidnapping was reported and my character stated someone had "rolled out of the car". This was misinterpreted as the car having rolled over at the gas station. I was obviously confused when they sent hazmat and 3 engines. They were confused where the rolled over vehicle was.

8 minutes ago, Westen said:

There are definite cases where this is overkill. Having been in FD, I have seen both sides of this.

This got linked to me a while ago, I'll use it again:

https://streamable.com/br80ex

This is for a single victim that got run over by a car.

There are other times however where it is a miscommunication - for example, there was once a scene at Little Seoul LTD where a kidnapping was reported and my character stated someone had "rolled out of the car". This was misinterpreted as the car having rolled over at the gas station. I was obviously confused when they sent hazmat and 3 engines. They were confused where the rolled over vehicle was.

While I believe as-well, it seems excessive (and honestly, who am I to talk, I aint even in FD)
image.png.cd77b3131a59c7731f01dc01d69cd17b.png

I don't think this is an everyday thing, and RA + Engine is realistic in real life to almost respond to any call (in my town, any fire call automatically gets 2 Engines and a Chief). 

Communication is usually pretty lackluster since it’s usually a game of telephone. A lot of the time when departmentals come in, anything involving a car will have an Engine attached, even if it was a pretty simple MVA. Why? Because it might not be a simple MVA. There might be multiple victims, entrapments, hazards etc that are just left out of the call. So for safety reasons, fire companies are attached to the responding Rescue, because you just dont know what the call is until you get there.

Edited by KinnyWynny
6 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

While I believe as-well, it seems excessive (and honestly, who am I to talk, I aint even in FD)
image.png.cd77b3131a59c7731f01dc01d69cd17b.png

I don't think this is an everyday thing, and RA + Engine is realistic in real life to almost respond to any call (in my town, any fire call automatically gets 2 Engines and a Chief). 

This happened because as at the time, the vehicles were acting as one sole unit because of being on a training exercise. Normally you'd get just a double staffed RA (And maybe a Engine for medical assist if on duty numbers allowed and its needed - Though sometimes this'll only be the case if there is an Engine staffed (By one person) and there are no RA's available).

Edited by KoishiKomeiji