Addiction System Redone

World Prop

Short description: I am suggesting for the current drug addiction system to be redone in some way.

Detailed description:

I'm aware there is a similar post in the suggestions but it touches on cocaine wholly, I am looking for a fix to the current system.

Addiction levels do not last as long as they should, especially on potent drugs. This is something that should be tweaked for every single drug.

Higher the level + the addictive potency of the drug, longer the amount of time for a level to fade.

The addiction system should remind the player of their character's condition.   [Addiction] You feel dizzy / sick / feel the intense need to take <drug>.

They would appear less, or more often depending on your addiction level.

Whilst addiction can, and usually is roleplayed, a reminder system like this will definitely help in that aspect.

Commands to add: Change how addiction displays in /stats.  Currently it only shows level, it also should display what drug and if your addicted to multiple, list them as such.    It could also be removed from /stats completely and be given a command like /addiction(s), or /health

Items to add: Keep the same, N/a.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It'd bring an enhancement to roleplaying with, and taking drugs.

Additional information: I think the current system is supposed to be doing what I've suggested, but is non-functional.

Edited by World Prop
typos
2 hours ago, Mattkov said:

I feel like it should include alcohol, to a lesser extent

Alcohol should definitely not be forgotten in the drugs revamp. Currently you're so quick to sober up and I've never had a drunk effect happen to me, is there actually one? Like a visible screen effect taking place when drinking too much?
Is there even a drugs revamp coming? I know that crack, cocaïne weed thread exists, but I haven't really seen a word about a drugs revamp being worked on at the moment. All I heard is that suppliers now are able to rename drugs. So you can rename cocain to LSD, but there's no effects changing or anything.

All effects should last longer and most definitely psychadelic drugs for players who wish to enjoy the actual effects. As well as for the addiction system I'm actually RPing an adict on an alt. RP wise that's no problem of course but it's actually hard to maintain addiction level 5+ because it goes down so fast.

This has to happen, too much people take a bunch of coke or meth then never use it again, they should be told to rp through the script or they literally wont. This is good rp for drug dealers and PD aswell as the drug users too so no downside here.

• mj2002 locked this topic