receive taxi alerts when not in the taxi!

Late

HELLO

Short description:  This is a pretty easy suggestion, allow us taxi drivers to get notified of a new job when we are not sat in the vehicle. This will open up a host of opportunity as it will encourage is to actually spend more time out of the taxi all RP'ing together rather than sitting in the vehicle so we don't miss that all important taxi alert notification. 

Detailed description:

In real life most taxi companies (NOT JUST UBER) will send their jobs regardless if the customer has booked online or on the phone to the driver digitally and it will be received on the drivers smartphone. The phone can obviously be removed from the taxi in real life. I have a very close friend who is a taxi driver and this is how it works, now when we impliment it into the game we can make it so that the taxi call can only be accepted from inside the car but it should still send a notification to the driver even if he's not in the vehicle as it would go to his phone, you know?

Commands to add:  N/A

Items to add: Nothing to add just a small change in the script

How would your suggestion improve the server? It will encourage drivers to spend more time out of their cars RPing and not having to run back all the time every 1 min to do /taxireq to see if a new call has come in or worse sitting in their taxi's doing nothing. Imagine taxi drivers going into places to RP or all taxi drivers out of their taxi's standing around talking, drinking Al Shark Syrian Beer together waiting for calls to come in that they would get on their phones!

Additional information: I brought this up on discord and the Australian girl said that's silly because in Australia it doesn't work like this well... that's a silly arguement because Australia doesn't even exist in real life and it's just a government conspiracy so I really can not think of any reason why this idea wouldn't be a positive change as more people will be out and about RP'ing instead of just sitting in their cars doing sweet f all. 

Thank you in advance,

Rafi Habeeb [Late] - the oldest/longest standing Taxi Driver RP'er since LSRP 2015 / GTA world 2018 

byt3asz.png

Edited by Late
  • Upvote 3

Upon reviewing an old video I noticed that this feature was actually in the game back in 2018 but it's not anymore? Maybe I should be making a bug report rather than a suggestion, note my screen shot for reference.

739363133df22fc77e1575668d1be100.png

On 4/4/2020 at 8:01 PM, Late said:

Rafi Habeeb [Late] - the oldest/longest standing Taxi Driver RP'er since LSRP 2015 / GTA world 2018 

byt3asz.png

i'm lsrp 2014 buddy u cant beat me best taxi rp since rakesh cab co

Anyways I definitely support this feature, and yeah, I do remember this being a thing from way back, or at least to the best of my memory it was. Definitely don't support taxi calls in all vehicles like suggested above though, that's weird.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
On 4/13/2020 at 8:45 AM, shareef2 said:

i'm lsrp 2014 buddy u cant beat me best taxi rp since rakesh cab co

Anyways I definitely support this feature, and yeah, I do remember this being a thing from way back, or at least to the best of my memory it was. Definitely don't support taxi calls in all vehicles like suggested above though, that's weird.

rakesh?

have you heard of Unity Transit? son?

im the longest taxi rper here ~ 2013

but david is the longest standing taxi company on GTA:W

On topic: I completely agree with this, I do not see why I have to sit isolated from RP in my taxi just to be able to fish to receive a call. I'd rather be allowed to engage in roleplay outside of my taxi while waiting for calls. Although we would receive taxi calls outside of the taxi, we would still have to be inside the taxi to accept the call and go on duty (to avoid people doing taxi jobs in vehicles other than taxis)

• Upvote 2

May I add the ability to keep /startshift time going down if you are within radius of your taxi? I would love to be able to just shoot the shit with the other cab drivers doing a lean animation outside of the cab, but it's a little discerning to do so if I could just talk to them while sitting in the cab in order to allow the time to go down as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic