Massive FPS Shuttering

Cacksii

2 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Your GPU is meant to be at ~99%

Sure,  Your GPU being heavily used can be good but its not good if it is heavily used because of it being unable to handle the settings he is running. I know GTA V sure isn't one of the games that heavily utilizes my GPU even which is why I mentioned check all usage and temperatures to rule out hardware.

A common issue with this game is that people are using HDD - HARD DRIVE over optimisation for SSD - Solid State Drives. Many people I have played with on this Community have found my tip to be very helpful, especially if you use the SAMSUNG EVO SSD's for your game solely, and aswell as your Operating System, as the lag is not only your game performance with it's Hardware, but it's the fluctuation of file transfer happening when it's trying to render certain objects and scenery. @Cacksii 

29 minutes ago, SpaghettiMayne said:

A common issue with this game is that people are using HDD - HARD DRIVE over optimisation for SSD - Solid State Drives. Many people I have played with on this Community have found my tip to be very helpful, especially if you use the SAMSUNG EVO SSD's for your game solely, and aswell as your Operating System, as the lag is not only your game performance with it's Hardware, but it's the fluctuation of file transfer happening when it's trying to render certain objects and scenery. @Cacksii 

I'm using an SSD and a god tier one at that and I'm still seeing sub 60 FPS and high frametime in Forum when 250+ people are on

On 4/5/2020 at 4:47 PM, joshua said:

i have this problem, it’s a RAM problem i believe. i too have 8GB.

it can be pretty ram intensive on its own, even worse if you use discord/your browser open at the same time, so naturally it can cause stutters.

upgrading to 16gb of ram will probably be your best bet

performance is always worse in rage because you’ve got other players and entities to sync up, and it’s not as streamlined as you’d get in gta online.

I got 16gb of ram and I’m still stuttering from time to time. I’m going to try get a fast SSD and put the game and all the clients on it. Should improve FPS and loading times greatly.