Hotels

stringer

Short description: Actual hotels ran by players.

Detailed description: Right now, a lot of players on GTA World are actually homeless. This idea is about adding hotels to GTA world. The hotels would have a lobby, corridors with doors, and so on. (This would be actually mapped to allow for roleplay). There players would be able to properly rent out rooms in the hotel and would create a lot of roleplay around that. This would also work with motels and hotels of any size.

Commands to add: Not exactly sure, property commands to allow for the management of rooms

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Would stop the fact that a lot of players are actually homeless and would open up for a lot of roleplay, like renting out the restaurant of a hotel to hosts events there, like weddings and a lot of other events.

Additional information:

There is a hotel. It's in Rancho. However, more are needed. Especially in the desert. Currently got a rich teenager character that's dipping under the radar and I have to sleep in a goddamn rented motel room that's actually an apartment. How does that make sense?

There’s no script support right now for hotels unfortunately as we’d need to be able to set up a rental per time frame. It’s not something we’d be able to release to players right away either due to how much a hotel would realistically cost, and uncertainty about how much they’d make in return.

We talk about it a lot but there’s no firm plans currently.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:33 PM, an said:

There's one in Rancho (more of a motel) as Dom said but be prepared to get robbed if people there don't know your character. 

The one in Rancho, works just like any apartment that can be rented for a long time, based on the house system. It's not exactly a motel. I would RP it as an apartment complex.

On 4/5/2020 at 2:22 PM, Cara said:

There’s no script support right now for hotels unfortunately as we’d need to be able to set up a rental per time frame. It’s not something we’d be able to release to players right away either due to how much a hotel would realistically cost, and uncertainty about how much they’d make in return.

We talk about it a lot but there’s no firm plans currently.

Isn't that what the game suggestion thread is for though? Suggesting new concepts/ideas so they can be added to the gamemode?
Besides that, who is we? You mean admins/management? Even though there are no firm plans bringing I'd like to know more about what's being discussed. You already brought up "how much it would realistically cost" and "how much they'd make in return"  those are some really good topics to discuss in this thread and actually make this possible right?

Besides the erpers that'd probably enjoy this (Yeah I get we don't want to promote that) I do believe a lot of IG homeless people will enjoy this feature. A hotel often also has rooms available for businesses, like a room where they can discuss and present ideas.
You could even use the cinema script to create like a beamer presentation. I think some business owners would appreciate this idea as well.
Besides that hotel rooms are used to make transactions, or simply for people who travel for example if my character were to travel from Rancho to Sandy for a bit. They could even go in hiding like that.

I'm all for it, as you can see there's tons of scenarios that a hotel could provide alongside RP jobs. And indeed it doesn't have to be added right away (I'd rather see some improvements on illegal RP first) but I hope this gets looked at.

2 hours ago, Triple-J said:

You mean admins/management? Even though there are no firm plans bringing I'd like to know more about what's being discussed. You already brought up "how much it would realistically cost" and "how much they'd make in return"  those are some really good topics to discuss in this thread and actually make this possible right?

It's been discussed within Property Management. A suggestion like this is entirely in PM's ballpark, and we just don't currently have the time or resources to support or monitor a hotel/motel system. We actively toss the idea around internally, trying to find some sort of balance with the concept but nothing really comes up as being a solid option as we'd like to see hotels just as much as any of you.

Something like this requires a lot of trust, as most of the players who will request these will automatically beeline straight for the biggest, fanciest, and extravagant hotels if we was to introduce something along these lines. Considering that this requires a lot of trust with giving a player ownership over a few dozen properties at once. It's not something we really have the time to actively monitor, and make sure the players aren't abusing, on top of our already extensive work load. PM are busy around the clock, we're always having to look into property requests, interior changes, leases, garage requests, smart tp setups, private inquiries, complaints, and also already having to spend so much time monitoring businesses with their RP quality, custom mapping, and making sure they aren't abusing the buildings or scripts we've permitted them to use. So I can't really see something like this being approved at the moment. Script support would be great, but I don't really know how script support would benefit a concept like this when it can all already be done. 

That being said, I would personally love to introduce something like this, and we are interested to hear what suggestions people have for this idea, and we can continue to discuss this all internally and try find the most possible option somewhere down the line. 

Edited by Dashing
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 6:30 PM, Dashing said:

It's been discussed within Property Management. A suggestion like this is entirely in PM's ballpark, and we just don't currently have the time or resources to support or monitor a hotel/motel system. We actively toss the idea around internally, trying to find some sort of balance with the concept but nothing really comes up as being a solid option as we'd like to see hotels just as much as any of you.

Something like this requires a lot of trust, as most of the players who will request these will automatically beeline straight for the biggest, fanciest, and extravagant hotels if we was to introduce something along these lines. Considering that this requires a lot of trust with giving a player ownership over a few dozen properties at once. It's not something we really have the time to actively monitor, and make sure the players aren't abusing, on top of our already extensive work load. PM are busy around the clock, we're always having to look into property requests, interior changes, leases, garage requests, smart tp setups, private inquiries, complaints, and also already having to spend so much time monitoring businesses with their RP quality, custom mapping, and making sure they aren't abusing the buildings or scripts we've permitted them to use. So I can't really see something like this being approved at the moment. Script support would be great, but I don't really know how script support would benefit a concept like this when it can all already be done. 

That being said, I would personally love to introduce something like this, and we are interested to hear what suggestions people have for this idea, and we can continue to discuss this all internally and try find the most possible option somewhere down the line. 

I think it would also be interesting if apartment buildings with apartments where you press Y and select floor, etc would be changed so it has an actual lobby with each apartment having a door. Right now what turns me off from buying an apartment in those buildings is the script. Press Y, select floor select room instead of actually having a lobby, staircase and things that can create more roleplay.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, so, sorry to dig up the thread like that but I've been very interested for a few days now about the possibility to see (and run!) a hotel.

I get that it could be tough on the staff to just create all these rooms and monitor them all to make sure everything is handled correctly by the players. But perhaps quantity is not the thing we should aim at.

In fact, in this precise scenario, couldn't the solution be expensive hotels instead of modest ones, and play around the fact that there are only two or even one room(s) available? That would prevent low quality RP where we just give rooms away without much RP to it like bartenders and instead add depth around the management of the few (or only) room(s). Reservations, room service, events, breakfast in the morning etc. Things that would be quickly impossible to do if hotels were too vast and popular. The staff would end up having only a couple rooms (room + lobby?) to manage, and the hotel staff could focus on some given guests closely for the night.

Obviously I'd love to run a Gentry Manor as it would be super cool to RP, (as would be a shady manager in a half-renovated motel) but I feel like unless low cost hotels run the numbers room-wise, they'd have a difficult time.
Sharing!

Edited by Lisandra
  • Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic