Fixed-wing aircraft price adjustment, and Pilot's license changes. [G]

This looks good to me, I agree that 150k for a pilots license on top of the already incredibly expensive plane makes everything daunting and extremely difficult to get involved in. I don't see how lowering the prices at this stage would cause problems other than the few people who have bought planes being disgruntled about the price overhaul.

+1 from me.

15 minutes ago, Syrike said:

This looks good to me, I agree that 150k for a pilots license on top of the already incredibly expensive plane makes everything daunting and extremely difficult to get involved in. I don't see how lowering the prices at this stage would cause problems other than the few people who have bought planes being disgruntled about the price overhaul.

+1 from me.

Just offer a refund/price adjustment program for those players, you shouldn't have too many refunds anyways.

I’ve just noticed that the price of the Mammatus (a Cessna 172 for all intents and purposes) is the same as that for the Nimbus (a private jet). Would it be possible to amend this? Single engine pistons IRL can be purchased for not much more than a nice family car (ignoring for now the cost of regular maintenance and fuel).

It says the following in the Economy Feature Showcase:

GTAW's economy self defined a price to each items based on their value, not on their real life price. It took the choice to keep the houses / vehicles market at a 1:1 price compared to US$, but everything else is adjusted to fit our players' income.

We did not want players to have to play years and take mortgage that they would never refund to purchase homes and vehicles

Given all the other excellent comments in this thread, would it be possible for an adjustment of aircraft and pilot license prices? 

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Mike. said:

I’ve just noticed that the price of the Mammatus (a Cessna 172 for all intents and purposes) is the same as that for the Nimbus (a private jet). Would it be possible to amend this? Single engine pistons IRL can be purchased for not much more than a nice family car (ignoring for now the cost of regular maintenance and fuel).

It says the following in the Economy Feature Showcase:

GTAW's economy self defined a price to each items based on their value, not on their real life price. It took the choice to keep the houses / vehicles market at a 1:1 price compared to US$, but everything else is adjusted to fit our players' income.

We did not want players to have to play years and take mortgage that they would never refund to purchase homes and vehicles

Given all the other excellent comments in this thread, would it be possible for an adjustment of aircraft and pilot license prices? 

Yeah, I agree. Some of these cars are worth more than a simple Cessna 172 and yet they are cheaper. Also how in the world is a 4 seater helicopter cheaper than a simple basic airplane?  This suggestion is a super quick and simple f ix, it wouldn't take too much time to do and would open the world for aviation RP for those that desire it.

14 hours ago, Mattkov said:

Yeah, I agree. Some of these cars are worth more than a simple Cessna 172 and yet they are cheaper. Also how in the world is a 4 seater helicopter cheaper than a simple basic airplane?  This suggestion is a super quick and simple f ix, it wouldn't take too much time to do and would open the world for aviation RP for those that desire it.

Indeed!

How do these sound for ballpark figures?

Licenses

Private Pilot’s License - $15k - for the average Joe who just wants to bimble around in a Cessna

Commercial Pilot’s License - $50k - for anyone using an aircraft to make money

Fixed-wing

Duster - $100,000

Mammatus - $120,000

Cuban 800 - $200,000

Dodo - $300,000

Velum - $500,000

Vestra - $900,000

Nimbus - $2 million

Helicopters

Maverick - $400,000

Buzzard - $400,000

Frogger - $600,000

SuperVolito - $800,000

Swift - $900,000

Volatus - $1.2 million

They’re based loosely on real life prices and arranged in order of “desirability”. Single engine fixed-wings are cheaper than multi-engines, jets are more expensive than piston-engined aircraft, and helicopters are on the whole more expensive than fixed-wings.

5 hours ago, Mike. said:

Indeed!

How do these sound for ballpark figures?

Licenses

Private Pilot’s License - $15k - for the average Joe who just wants to bimble around in a Cessna

Commercial Pilot’s License - $50k - for anyone using an aircraft to make money

Fixed-wing

Duster - $100,000

Mammatus - $120,000

Cuban 800 - $200,000

Dodo - $300,000

Velum - $500,000

Vestra - $900,000

Nimbus - $2 million

Helicopters

Maverick - $400,000

Buzzard - $400,000

Frogger - $600,000

SuperVolito - $800,000

Swift - $900,000

Volatus - $1.2 million

They’re based loosely on real life prices and arranged in order of “desirability”. Single engine fixed-wings are cheaper than multi-engines, jets are more expensive than piston-engined aircraft, and helicopters are on the whole more expensive than fixed-wings.

This is perfect. But is this with Insurance or just the price of the object?

Also have in mind the 

Luxor

200?cb=20180730104646

Shamal

200?cb=20180730105635

And something neat for GOV might be the 

200?cb=20160117181440

Perhaps

200?cb=20190921155213

Also this would be a very nice addition.

200?cb=20150724182150

And some entry level air fanatics can have this.

700?cb=20170902153122

About rotor air craft I found these two.

700?cb=20180325183202

700?cb=20190626204012

Edited by Chuck Lee
34 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

This is perfect. But is this with Insurance or just the price of the object?

Thanks! I hadn’t really thought too much about that... I’m a cheapskate so I’d like to think that those rough numbers could include registration and insurance. Adding an extra 20% on top of a $2 million jet would suck.

interestingly, it seems that the FAA will let you register a real aircraft for just $5. Insurance is a whole lot more complicated, though!

As somebody with one of my characters heavily into aviation, I think the set fee of $150,000 for the license is ridiculous. I don't have a problem with grinding, as my character has a decently paying job, but it is still an investment of a hundred plus hours for a helicopter if we completely ignore the license fees and other expenses that come through the game time.

Lowering the bar would definitely (for me, at least) increase the amount of roleplay venues readily available.

To reflect back on Mike's and Chuck Lee's posts -- all of the aircraft you guys have listed look absolutely amazing. I would love to see the Sparrow, though. That thing just looks really cool and would be something unique to behold.

• Upvote 2
  • MomoIsHere changed the title to Fixed-wing aircraft price adjustment, and Pilot's license changes. [G]
  • mj2002 locked this topic